Menu
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not terminated as agreed and service and billing not as per agreed contract

Right, so our new contract should have come into effect from 20th November and that's the date the phone line was stated and confirmed as ending and we move onto a new 12 month fixed price 50mb broadband only service.  And an e-mailed contract a few weeks ago confirmed both this and the price, which is supposedly £17.49 per month.

Only this morning I notice we still have the phone line and checking the online account the service and price is not as per contract!.

Plus we seem to have an additional £9 per month loyalty bonus finishing 2nd June 2017, 6 months into contract that we have fixed price for 12 months.  And to be honest the price isn't right either and the bill makes for slightly confusing understanding.

To be clear from 20th November 2016 we should be as per contract just receiving 50mb broadband (no line rental) for what I recall being £17.49 per month (may have been £13.49 as trying to find contract email) fixed for 12 months!.

But we still have the phone line (that should have terminated 20th November) and when i checked online after noting this the account and bill confirms this.  So what gives, either we have a valid contract for service as agreed or we don't?.

But the billing makes confusing reading even with the phone line that we are no longer supposed to have.  Taking into account a loss of service credit of £6 last month it seems our regular bill could in fact be £14.48 per month with phone line.  But in reading the detail a loss of a £9 per month come June 2017 takes this up to £23.48 per month for 50mb broadband & phone line.

Not what we agreed to & not what we have a contract for.  Should be fixed price for 12 months for just 50mb broadband!.  So any chance any mod or staff can look into this to see what's happened, thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not terminated as agreed and service & billing not as per agreed contract

Just found my contract that states £17.25 per month for just 50mb broadband for 12 months.  Yet online account now suggests otherwise and a price that makes little understanding.  So have zero clue what's gone wrong or where I stand.  Certainly never agreed to what online account suggests as far as service goes and regular price seems difficult to translate to English.  So unless I'm now under the terms of agreed contract a few weeks ago which seems not then can someone explain the terms I've been placed on as I certainly did not agree to anything the online account suggests (unless VM care to provide evidence I did agree to this) so hopefully moderators or staff can confirm I'm not on a new minimal term now.

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not terminated as agreed and service & billing not as per agreed contract

Can anyone please look into this to help see what's happened, thanks.

Looks like it's sorted after getting off the phone.  Seems as I reported a line fault just several days before the phone line was due to tetminate that the person dealing with that fault cancelled the line termination while they checked the nature of the error but never bothered to re confirm phone line termination on the 20th November and to receive a 50 mb broadband only service with no line rental.  

The guy didn't seem to fully understand the account billing as a result as such as the account credits seemed confusing and not what they should be.  So not worth pushing the issue I thought as he said he can terminate the phone line as it should have been from tomorrow and I'll switch to the contract, service and price (got him to confirm this) I should have been on from the 20th November.

So assuming all is sorted, thanks again to the VM retentions department staff for sorting this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dave606,

Many thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience caused regarding billing.

We are unable to discuss this type of thing in depth via the Forum and it seems like the trouble experienced requires and rightly deserves a thorough investigation and explanation.

This information is also account sensitive and we would need to ensure that we are speaking with the account holder in order to make any possible changes, etc.

Furthermore, it would be more beneficial to give our Customer Service team a call to chat about this some more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos