Menu
0-
Dialled in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Phantom phone number on bill.

Over the years I had more than one phone number with VM. Through being pensioned off I cut back on things bit by bit and now I only have broadband, no phone or TV service with VM. But, on my bill there is a phantom phone number that was taken out of service many years ago. OK, so it's not being charged for but I wanted it taken off the account as it confuses things when talking to the overseas 'customer service' team. I've had to stop myself banging my head on the wall with frustration. It's just spurious and does not need to be on the account at all. That sounds simple enough...? 

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phantom phone number on bill.

Hi 0-, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with a phantom phone number on your bill. 

Looking at your account it looks as though this was the first bill since making the changes to your account. As there are pro-rata charges/credits, this is more than likely the reason it is on there. 

Once your next bill has been generated, we can take another look if it is still there. 

Come back and let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Well, many months later and my VM bills correctly show that I do not have TV or telephone services, yet a number ending in 277 still appears on the bills, and has done for years. 

Yes, it was once connected, as a second line when Yorkshire Cable or Telewest did those, but has long since been discontinued. I've asked for it to be taken off many times but nobody seems to be able to do that. OK, so I am not paying for it and no calls are recorded, but one day I expect a blooper to appear where I've somehow made calls on a line that simply does not exist. 

EDIT: The reason this has come back to the fore is that I sent a letter to the complaints team, they wrote back on March 2nd to say they would contact me within 2 weeks '...by phone in the first instance'. When I follow that up, as it's over 2 weeks now, they will insist that they tried to call me - guess what number they will have called ! VM do not have a phone number for me, I now have a VOIP line that comes to my mobile, with a proper UK STD number, at a fraction of what VM were charging for a landline we only ever use to call VM... 

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi 0-

I'm a bit puzzled as to how this is happening, as you have correctly stated there is no phone number connected to your account.

If you don't mind I'd like to take a further look into this for you.

For me to do so I need to send a PM to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

If you could pop back to me on this, that would be fab!

Many thanks.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi 0-

Regarding what we have been discussing about the phone line via our PM's the reference number for the IT ticket raised for this for you is P007866657.

If you can allow the teams a few weeks to look into this for you and I’ll pop back to you as soon as I get notification this has been resolved for you. Once we know this has processed, it'll be a case of waiting then for your next statement to produce via My Virgin Media as I know we discussed, I could not find this linking anywhere else on the account system for you.

I'll keep you posted Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi O- Smiley Happy

Thanks for sticking with us on this one.

I've checked the IT ticked this morning, ref P007866657, and I can see the teams are still working on this. They appear to have isolated this to one of the systems having an old record of the line linked and have run a provisioning part fix this morning.

Once they're happy that their tests have come back to say this should now be resolved I'll pop back and confirm for you so you can check this for me going forwards Smiley Happy

Thanks again for all your support!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hey 0-

Thanks for letting me link in with IT to look at correcting this for you.

The teams have come back to say that the feed to correct this in the system has been submitted and this should now be resolved.

Please let me know when you have your next bill with us if this is showing as connected still. I'd like to make sure this has been sorted for you Smiley Happy

Cheers

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

0-
Dialled in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Latest bill dated 7th April still shows it, I am due for another until next week so will check then.

Will let you know then.

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yep the retrospective bills would not change it should be updated from all future bills so if you can keep me posted on this, that would be amazing Smiley Happy

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0-
Dialled in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

OK, so a new bill was generated today and....

Sorry, it's still there :-( 

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos