Menu
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Persistent phone call

Three times running now I've been called on my mobile (virgin) number by someone offering to lower my monthly costs by £10 and that they will also send me a link so that I can arrange for an engineer to visit with the view to checking my wireless efficiency.

The only piece of information I would part with was my ntlworld.com email address and to confirm the approximate size of my monthly bill.

I've had subsequently received no such email and I am frankly confused as to why my mobile number was called as the operative said she had nothing to do with the mobile accounts.

On the previous two attempts by these people to contact me I had made it clear that I was driving but the operative just carried on regardless.

If my bill is reduced by £10 per month then great. BUT was this genuine or was it an elaborate (and long winded) way to get my email address? Has anybody else experienced this? Have you had your bill cut? Have you been able to book the engineer?

And why was the operative unable to tell me anything much about the the new TiVo V6 box which is to be launched on the 30th November (???)? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent phone call

You'll have been getting calls from one of the many outbound retention teams Virgin Media have. The outbound retentions team shouldn't have anything to do with engineers or even bring that into play discussion wise. Virgin will call you on any number they have on file for you to do these outbound marketing calls. Since you didn't clear DPA, nothing would have been actioned, hence no email etc about it, not that VM make much use of email anyway.

If you want to opt out marketing calls/letters/emails then ring 150 or 0345 454 1111 or 789 or even 0345 600 0789. Any of those will do, once through to an agent ask to be opted out of marketing calls, the process will take 6 weeks to complete, note that you will still receive some marketing calls during that period.

Much of the information about the new STB is not being shared by Virgin Media directly. What little is publicized can be found here, link: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst and you can much more detail (and experiences) about the new STB from people who have it as part of a trial here, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/bd-p/Virgin_TV_V6

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent phone call

Thanks for your reply. Not sure about the two links at the moment as I keep getting website messages saying "We're doing some work . . .' etc.

I'll return to it later.

0 Kudos