Menu
AMS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Payment Handling Fee?

Hello

I've been a customer with Virgin Media for many years.  

I pay by e-billing (not Direct Debit) and yet still am charged a £5.00 per month 'payment handling fee'.

However, I've seen people say on here that since April 2016 Virgin contacted them to inform them they do not have to pay this any more, or now only pay 45p (or something?)

Why are some still being charged £5 and others not?  Am I to be forced to sign another contract just to get out of this charge?  Or be forced to submit to Direct Debit?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Payment Handling Fee?

as far as i know non DD payments are charged £5
0 Kudos
AMS1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that was my understanding too (although other providers don't seem to impose a comparable charge) but I've definitely read a thread on here from someone who received an email March last year stating that they would not have to pay the charge any more, or that it would be slashed considerably.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AMS1

Many thanks for getting in touch with us about the payment handling fee...
If you've not spoken to us for a while about your package it's always a great idea to review your services with us so we can make sure you're on the most cost effective and best package for you that we can give to you

If you call to speak to the teams about the options you have as a customer ( as I can see you are a legacy customer on an older options) and if you've happy to accept a new 12 month contract with us we could look at reviewing the costs to you and the payment handling charge fees.

I've taken a quick look at the account and there are options including upgrading your services where you will be better off monthly with us.

You can contact them to look at supporting you with this this either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g. Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos