Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10 (106 Views)

Paying your BT exit fee

Has anyone been told when joining and signing up for first time with virgin media they would pay your £31.99 exit fee from BT?
I was, I had to wait till I got my bill for the £31.99 to switch my broadband off at the end of my 12 month contract with BT which is disgusting by the way. The virgin media employee who came round, set my contract up with virgin, took a picture of my bt bill as proof, this is what they have to do, said I would get it refunded back to my virgin account. 5 months later, numerous text messages back and fourth with him, saying it's all been sorted in the office, then saying I'll check it's been done a couple of times but still nothing, now he's stopped replying to my texts. I have sent an email to virgin media explaining the deal, asking why it's not been done yet?
No refund?? No reply to email, I have kept the text messages saying it will be paid into my account as proof but still nothing!! This was part of my deal to come to virgin media yet 5 months on he's stopped replying to my messages.
Anyone else with same problem??
Superuser
Message 2 of 10 (92 Views)

Re: Paying your BT exit fee

AFAIK Virgin have NEVER bought out contracts.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 3 of 10 (81 Views)

nodrogd wrote:

AFAIK Virgin have NEVER bought out contracts.

so it's yet another virgin sales person blatantly lying to get the sale, and allowed to get away with it ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 10 (76 Views)

Let's not forget that we only have one view of what went on.

We don't know what was said.

We don't know what was assumed by either party.

We don't know whether there has been a misunderstanding or misinformation.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10 (68 Views)

Hi Ernie,
I do have proof in my text messages from him stating that he will sort it and the fact he came to photograph my final BT bill for their evidence before they refunded it back. How is that not proof it was agreed?
0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 6 of 10 (61 Views)

but was "The virgin media employee who came round" actually employed by virgin, it's news to me if they still have roving door to door salesmen ?

more likely some freelancer, working for commission, happy to do/say anything to get the sale ?

if you have a name, can you call virgin and ask if he's an employee ?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10 (59 Views)

Really? So you think it was just a sales pitch?
It certainly shouldn't be allowed as this is false information. I definitely won't be renewing my contract in September then. If they can't be honest and honour their sales pitch then I'll be cancelling my 12 month contract at the end.
0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 8 of 10 (54 Views)

there are anecdotal accounts of such behaviour ( too good to be true promises) from the outbound cold calling telesales team, but those tend to be found out as soon as the contract arrives.

what brought this guy to your door - did you book an appointment or did he just show up , did he have ID  ?

did you receive an e-contract and does that mention any refund ?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10 (48 Views)

Hi
Yes he was an employee of theirs,
I do have a name.
They do still come round as I wanted a face to face deal as wasn't sure what sort of contract I wanted? He had ID and dressed in virgin media colours. He rung up and spoke to a virgin team and set up my contract with them going through all my details, the contract details, how much a month and so on. I don't sign up to things easily, I have a paper signed contract too that he left me with all the information of my contract.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10 (35 Views)

Hi Gizzy123

Thanks for dropping by on the forums about the BT exit fee and a warm welcome to the community.

I appreciate this is not something that we offer as standard but that you have had confirmation of this via text message from the individual who sold the package to you,

I'd like to investigate this for you and to do so if you could pop back to me on the PM that I'm sending to you that you can find in the envelope on the top right of the forums, that would be fab Smiley Happy

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply.

Catch you soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide