Menu
Laup1010
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Paying too much - advice please

I'm currently paying £57 a month (due to incremental rises and no review) for a bundle currently on offer at £29 per month, then £45 after 12 months.

Despite calling customer services twice, and speaking to two online agents, I've not been able to get my bill reduced.

Any advice? Has anyone an address I could write to to complain?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying too much - advice please

If you are out of contract you need to phone back but choose the option that you wish to leave Virgin.  This will put you through to their retention department (which they call 'loyalty' team).

They will try and do what they need to in order to keep you as a customer - so you might have more luck!

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Laup1010
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, maybe I spoke to someone who was having a bad day.

backtothefuture wrote:

If you are out of contract you need to phone back but choose the option that you wish to leave Virgin.  This will put you through to their retention department (which they call 'loyalty' team).

They will try and do what they need to in order to keep you as a customer - so you might have more luck!

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think you probably did.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!

Please let us know how you get on.
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You might be able to get the bill amount down a bit, but it will be nothing near the £29 per month new customers would get.

New customers deals are for new customers only, not existing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is always the possibility that you are being billed the correct amount although if that is the case VM staff are unlikely to actually know as they have adopted the Bombay market place model of a 'price list' for services.

As already suggested keep trying until you get what can be considered reasonable - otherwise it is down to you to decide if you still want to do business with them.

Good luck.

0 Kudos