Menu
LouisR
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Paying part of my first bill now

Ive paid part of my first bill now and it says my account is in credit and im due for the first payment to go out just before chirstmas via DD will the money ive already paid come off the bill as ive seem some people were charged full bill after doing this and i just wanted to get part of it paid of before the christmas holiday.

Thank you for the help
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying part of my first bill now

LouisR wrote:
Ive paid part of my first bill now and it says my account is in credit and im due for the first payment to go out just before chirstmas via DD will the money ive already paid come off the bill as ive seem some people were charged full bill after doing this and i just wanted to get part of it paid of before the christmas holiday.

Thank you for the help

As services are usually paid for a month in advance I very much doubt you will receive any sort of credit, in any shape or form, until the time comes for you to cancel. Even on cancellation you can expect to wait 35 to 40 days for a refund.

If I'm wrong then please feel free to correct me.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If the bill was already generated when you made the small manual payment in then no you wouldn't pay a reduced amount via the DD for the current bill. The full amount would come out via DD and the part payment you did would come off the next bill, the next DD would be a reduced one. If the part payment had been made before the bill was generated, then when the bill was generated it would have seen there was credit on the account and would have set a smaller DD amount for the month.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@LouisR You could make a further manual payment in, at least 5 days before the payment due date. Once done, call in and ask VM to not go ahead with the direct debit for the current month (as there would be credit on the account to cover the bill.) That would deal with the current month's bill.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
LouisR
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you i decided to give them a call and it goes on as credit incase you cant pay but they can then take it off your bill. My online bill hasnt updated but i have been told that i will be paying the reduced amount near christmas thank you for all your help
0 Kudos