Menu
Mcgaz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Paying more... for a worse deal!

I've been with Virgin Media for about 3 years on the VIP package and so you've had plenty of my money!

I have a TiVO box and a HD box and have been waiting for the V6 to come out. My TiVO box has a failing hard drive and has issues playing back content whilst the HD box has always had an awful user interface.

I called in to see whether my replacement TiVO box would be replaced with a V6 and they said it would be a like for like... so I said I'd wait (as my 200Mbps broadband is also only downloading at 16-35Mbps for the past month...).

In the meantime, I had a look at the current packages and saw that it comes with 2 V6 boxes and if the broadband is upgraded to 200 Gamer it's actually cheaper than I am paying for my current package!

Obviously, that is not good but I feel that after 3 years of max payments, having a dodgy TiVO box and a recently dodgy internet connection (In addition to an interest in the TellyTablet) that I should be getting these boxes upgraded on a good deal/free.

I'm not confident that ringing up someone from customer service with a script is going to help me in this situation. So how do I get to speak to someone who can help?

I am also concerned about entering into any new contracts whilst the internet is playing up and so have been looking at what my options are.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying more... for a worse deal!

Hi Mcgaz, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having issues with your services. 

Any negoiation of price would result in a new contract so this would be the first thing to consider. 

On VIP, upgrading to the V6 means you would pay £49.95 for your first box + £14.99 activation fee. Your second V6 box would then be free. 

In terms of the overall package, it's something we would need to take a look at to ensure you are getting the best. 

New customer deals via the website are only for new customers. If you take away the introductory discount then what the New Customer is paying would be the same as yourself. 

If you did want to change anything, then the help team is the way to go. Give them a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to sort things out for you. 

Keep me posted on how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mcgaz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying more... for a worse deal!

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the reply.

I did end up doing this, although it took 4 attempts via the chat system to actually get there as some of the foreign customer service representatives struggled to understand what I was looking for. Then it was booked in slightly wrong.

My new boxes are to arrive next week and hopefully there will be two V6 boxes.

0 Kudos