Menu
brummydave
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Paying bills online

For the second month I can not make a payment using the Quickpay system. I get timed out - even though I only take 15 seconds or so to enter my payment details. Is anyone else having this problem?

Tomorrow is a lovely day
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying bills online

Hi brummydave, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue paying your bill online. 

Can you come back to me with the following details please:

What browser are you using? 

Does it redirect you to a Verified by Visa screen? 

Try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser. Has this helped?

If not try a different browser. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

brummydave
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Kath, I am using the Chrome browser - as I have been doing for years now.

I do get directed to a verification screen and this is where I get "timed out".

I have cleared cache and cookies but to no avail.

I haven't tried a different browser yet but I will be annoyed if I have to used another one just to pay my Virgin bills!

Thanks for replying to my query 

Tomorrow is a lovely day
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi brummydave

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you were having with the Chrome browser when making payments to us via My Virgin Media

Can you let us know if this issue was resolved by using another browser and if you've since tried using Chrome again?

Can you also let us know if this issue happens on Chrome on all your devices as we have no reports of Chrome causing an issue with payments and our portal.

If you could let us know we'll get this passed onto the teams for you to make them aware of this issue that is affecting you.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
brummydave
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Karen, as I said before, I have been using Chrome for a number of years now without any problems. It has only been the last two monthly payments (Dec,Jan) that get timed out at the client verification (MasterCard) stage. I haven't tried another browser as I am not due a payment yet. I only have the one device. When my next bill becomes due I will try Chrome again. If that fails I will try an alternative browser but I will be very annoyed if I have to use a different browser just to pay my Virgin bill!

Tomorrow is a lovely day
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that brummydave and thanks for letting me know.

I'll flag that this is affecting you via Chrome. Can you confirm if this happens using Chrome on all devices you use?

I'll pass this feedback onto the teams that support our payments systems via My Virgin Media to update them that this is affecting you. The more reports of this kind we get the easier it is to look into.

If they need details from you for me to escalate this further do you mind if I send a private message to you?

Thanks again for your support.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

brummydave
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Karen, just had my latest bill and will attempt to pay it using Quickpay on Monday 23rd Jan. I have only one device. I have no objection to being contacted by PM.

Tomorrow is a lovely day
0 Kudos
brummydave
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried and failed again! Forgot to try a different browser but not really interested in doing so. I paid by phone, even though it's a pain in the rear.

Tomorrow is a lovely day
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi brummydave

Thanks for checking for us and for trying again. I appreciate it.

I'm going to drop a pm to you to confirm some details and I will add your details to the investigations into this issue that we are running for those customers affected.

You can find the pm in the purple envelope up next to your forum name.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos