Menu
dtadamson
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Package offer on phone is not what is on contract - but call was not recorded is that true?

Hello,

Two weeks ago I phoned up to discuss my package and was offered a deal which I asked three times at least during the call to confirm was the correct monthly amount - basically because it was the package I am on but £27 a month cheaper.

Today I received via e-mail my new contract offer - 2 weeks after my phone call. It was considerably more expensive than the deal I was offered two weeks ago.

When I called tonight to ask what had happened I was told that the deal I had agreed to on the phone 2 weeks ago was not noted or recorded because the team I had spoken to were "outsourced" and none of their calls were recorded.

At the time I was busy trying to figure out what our options were, I asked about making a formal complaint about the fact I had been given a quote which was misleading and not finding out for 2 weeks etc. I was told that normally any the complain process would listen back to the original call, but since my call wasn't recorded there was nothing that could be done other than cancelling the new contract (for which I have 6 days to decide to and or and shop around again for) . After hanging up and thinking about it I decided I wanted to speak to a supervisor to find out why important calls are not recorded. However it was 10pm so I couldn't speak to anyone.

So I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that not all calls about changing/cancelling packages are recorded and if someone can explain why they are also outsourced to another company? I wondered if the cs rep tonight was incorrect when he said that not all calls are recorded and he might have been guessing.

0 Kudos
dtadamson
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package offer on phone is not what is on contract - but call was not recorded is that true?

To follow up on this. On Friday around 8am I was able to speak to customer service and requested a Manager plays back the original call - which supposedly was recorded after all.

I was told a manager would call me back about this. However it's now Tuesday and I've not had a call yet. Can anyone advise if taking all day Friday, The entire weekend and Monday is within the expected timeframe for a manager to review a call? Considering I have one day left in the the window to cancel the wrongly offered package that I was sent details for last week, I am in a position that I might have to cancel and then my only option is likely to cancel completely which after being a customer for 15 years is very disappointing. When told the story to a friend they wondered if the manager was stalling to force my hand and trap me in the contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package offer on phone is not what is on contract - but call was not recorded is that true?

Hi dtadamson

I appreciate you taking the time you keep us updated about the deal you have made with our agents and thanks for joining us on the community to let us know about this.

I can see that this as being investigated for you as mentioned and that since you posted the teams have agreed a work around for you to resolve the situation on your behalf.

Please keep in touch if there is anything else you need support with.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos