Menu
madcat2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Package misselling and call recordings

Afternoon,

I have spent virtually all morning trying to get to the bottom of what has gone wrong with my virgin media account, it seems the notes on the account do not match what i was told when I was sold a package and this has left me with a longer contract, costing the same for a much reduced service. I would like to get the calls that i know are recorded so i can show customer services what my package was sold to me as, prove that i was told the contract i was sent was an automatic generation and not to be relied on as it wasnt what i would be billed (And wasnt billed that amount for a few months either till it suddenly change after the cooling off period Smiley Sad) and suddenly that contract was important and im being charged for it and its not automatically generated at all, meaning that my original call to cancel the changes no longer counts as i was lied to and now i have no option - apparently - but to put up and shut up. Ive been conned in to downgrading a service, tying in for longer and paying more for the privilege.... VM customer service wont listen to any thing other than the notes and the notes DO NOT match what i was told over the phone....so.... how do i get these recordings to prove my case?

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
madcat2016
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

contract and over the phones sales issues

The last time i phoned them to see about changing to something lower i was conned in to a lower package from big kahuna for which i am stuck for 12 months with the same bill amount as before but a more lower service, i was explained to on the phone my changes would be a new 12 month contract at 48 per month for tv xl (turned out to be L), phone with any time calls and 100mb internet, after 2 months of 48 payments i get a bill for 66 i have spent hours of phoning to say this is not what i signed up too, in fact when my new contract landed with the 66 on it i called immediately and said this is not what was agreed and was told it was a standard thing thats sent dont worry about it thats not what we will bill you, the rolling credit will be applied to keep it at 48 and it was....for 2 months when i no longer have the option to change my mind they go and bill 66 tied in for another 12 months (6 months longer than what i had originally left for tie in), Virgin conned me and wont access those recordings to prove me right, why would anyone in there right mind agree to pay the same amount for a much reduced service when the call log even states i called to lower package and monthly price? It doesnt even make sense from virgins side, but they are refusing to investigate this matter and hopefully my post on here will get an answer but i think maybe i wll need to inform CISAS and the ombudsman to sort this out, its not just wrong its illegal.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package misselling and call recordings

Hi madcat2016,

Thank you for your post, and I'm really sorry to hear that your package was not changed to what you were advised of. 

Due to security issues, we are unable to discuss account issues via the Community Forum, and in instances like this we would just give some basic guidance. Usually I would first advise a customer to call in, but as you have already done this, I can understand that you may not be happy to do that again. 

I've sent you a private message, so just click on the purple envelope at the top right of this screen and you'll see my message. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: contract and over the phones sales issues

Hi madcat2016,

Thank you for your post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've replied to your earlier post: Package misselling and call recordings

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
peterdacey
Just joined
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have had exactly the same problem with Virgin Media. On a sales call I was told that my monthly package would be £25.99 a month and after 9 months would increase to £39.99. I was also told not to worry that the contract would have a different price as it would be automated. Having now just received my first full bill, they've taken £35.99. I called them and they said that they don't do any deals for the price of £25.99 and have told me I now can't even cancel the subscription as I am outside the time of the "cooling off period". Totally unacceptable service for a new customer and quite frankly I wish I'd stayed with my previous broadband provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peterdacey,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've been over charged. 

Billing isn't something we can go in to detail with via the forum so your best bet is to either speak to the team via Webchat here: Contact Us or give the team another call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

We'll be able to investigate what's happened as it may be something as simple as a rolling credit being mistakenly missed off Smiley Happy

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dadof3
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Customer of over 15 years - I have had exactly the same experience. Completely mis sold agreed a verbal contract 9 months ago riddled with untruths to keep me as a customer and when I complained today was told that they do not have the call recording !! How can I have a verbal contract and be in contract and yet you do not have the call recording. I have cancelled my DD, sending in subject access request form and will be reporting to Ofcom - on top of all this I was continuously spoken over by 2 customer service staff and told in so many words to put up and shut up !! So annoyed will never pay you another penny and will be cancelling my fathers service whom I pay for too.
lizzie81
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I agreed an upgrade package with a virgin media salesman on Thursday 26 October.  I used online quick chat/messenger with a man called Joseph. He told me the 12 month package would be £70.25 per month (I checked several times and this price was confirmed in writing on online chat).  Virgin then sent me through a contract for £75.25 a month.  I phoned on Saturday 28 October to complain, and a sales lady confirmed over the phone that they would send through a revised contract for £70.25.  I never received that revised contract.  I have phoned again this evening and another man called Rich said that they cannot honour the £75.25 as I cannot prove it.  He says that Joseph inputted onto the system that he had offered me £75.25.  He also confirmed that virgin do not keep records of the transcripts of online chats or of phone calls, so there is no way of checking what was promised.  

It is absolutely outrageous that Virgin sales teams are misrepresenting deals to consumers, then sending out contracts and telling consumers there is nothing they can do unless they can prove the deal offered.  It is impossible for a consumer to prove the deal -they don't have the technology to record phone calls or quick chat transcripts.  I will be complaining to the regulator but want to record my complaint here too. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lizzie81

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us regarding the package. That's not what we want to have for any of our customers Smiley Sad

For this to be looked into in more detail if you could pop back to me on a PM that I am sending to you, that would be great!

You can find this on the top right hand side of the forums in the purple envelope,

Kind regards and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos