Menu
Jamooster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Package cost

Why do such good deals only get offered to new customers and existing customers aren't rewarded? We have been on the full package and have now started experiencing problems with our TiVo box. We are paying £149 a month and new customers can get the VIP bundle (which is what we have) for £85 a month for 12 months then £120 a month after that and includes 2 new boxes. Contacted customer services and the first person we spoke to said after how long we have been with them (over 20 years) that we should definitely be given the bundle at that price..transferred to retentions and all they could do was remove the sports and movies to reduce our bill to £95 a month, so we're still paying £10 more than new customers and now have less of a package!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package cost

becuase you had a deal when you joined and when you joined current customers moaned that you got a better deal then they did.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You cannot expect to get the "joining" discount if you are already a customer. The same goes for all of Virgin's competitors. You should be able to get the £120 a month deal, with perhaps a loyalty discount for a fixed period. Don't be expecting too much more.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Jamooster
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Never got a deal when we joined as we joined when it was cable northwest when it first started, my dad worked for them and was in the first sales team. Still think we should at least be on the £120 a month, which is what the "new customers" will have to pay after the 12 month period, which is when they will become and "existing customer" like ourselves, so how is our package £149??
0 Kudos
Jamooster
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We were only expecting the £120 deal but still they wouldn't give it to us. 

0 Kudos
some
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same problem. Seems a little ridiculous that existing customers can't at the very least get the same price as new customers do after their initial 12 month offer ends.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the reason providers do this is the number of people that will put up with it and not leave means they get more money.

only way to keep getting a good deal on... TV, internet, Mobile, Gas, Power, Insurance and anything else i can think of is to move at the end of the contract
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamooster,

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you are unhappy with the offers available to you as an existing customer. Smiley Sad 

New customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined. Whether that would of been free equipment, free installation or a certain amount off your bill. Any offers past this are available to all customers. 

The good thing is we can take a look at your account to see if we are giving you the best price possible Smiley Happy Give the teams a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
some
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Any offers past this are available to all customers.

Maybe you could let everyone else in the company know about this?

0 Kudos
mattlister
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I just tried to call 0345 454 1111 as I'm towards the end of my 12 months offer period at £70.99.  The best price on the website as my next offer is to upgrade to V6 for £58.38 extra per month, making the cost £129.37 per month.  There is no way I'm paying that much.

I chose to enter my account number and area reference as with not using the landline phone I don't know my number.  The automated voice said it was fetching my details but went silent for well over 2 minutes, therefore I hung up.

0 Kudos