Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)

Package Upgrade

Can someone please explain why new customers sign up packages are so much better and cheaper than those offered to long standing customers please?

After 14 years as a customer I have been told that the package I want, £85 for new customers then £120 after 12 months to them is £125 to me now and ongoing. For new customer that saves them £480 in their first year and £60 the following year should they decide to stay as an existing customer like myself. They are also free to leave free 12 months having spent £1020 in their 12 months, I on the other hand have spent over £15k with Virgin since 2003. Loyalty anyone?

Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: Package Upgrade

Loyalty???  This gets raised time and time again ad nauseum.  VM are not interested in loyalty, only grabbing new customers to join an already over-subscribed system.  It's harder to leave than it is to join so it's win-win all the way for Virgin Mediocre.

Loyalty ... rofldog.jpg

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)

LEAVE.........I'M out of contract and asked to reduce everything in my package as a show of dissent. Answer, only if I sign a new 12 month contract!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4 (69 Views)

I've also been with cable so long that I can remember the days that existing customers were valued. But that was so long ago it was still called Blueyonder. More recently customer retention and satisfied customers being the best promotion have come to mean nothing to VM - they only offer decent deals to new customers and look to lock everyone into a 12-month contract for every and any change.

I think I shall be cancelling shortly myself!