Menu
lifeaudio
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Package Upgrade

Hi there.

Had a call from Virgin saying they were giving me a free Package Upgrade for the next few months due to customer loyalty etc.

They daid they wanted to give me the full range of sports channels but I said not really interested, could I have kids channels instead. They said fine, that they'd bundle the kids stuff with Sky Movies. I asked them more than once to ensure I got Nickelodeon etc as my kid really likes it and they promised they would provide this.

Upgrade recieved. Have got the movie channels but no extra kids channels.

My package is listed as Full House XL, which appears it should inlcude these kids channels...

Can't face having to try to make contact with them tomorrow.

Can anyone advise the best course of action?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package Upgrade

You could try home-help-settings-network-connect to VM. See if that helps but I'm guessing you'll end up ringing in I'm afraid! 

0 Kudos
lifeaudio
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package Upgrade

Thanks Parrotperson.

I ended up speaking with Customer Services who confirmed that their overseas colleagues offer package upgrades which don't actually exist.

They're basically lying in the hope that you'll receive a promised package that doesn't actually include some promised channels but that you'll not notice.

Customer Services confirmed they spend the bulk of their day clearing up the mess their overseas colleagues cause.

I've now taken this up with Ofcom and Trading Standards as it's false advertising and deception which is an offence under the Consumer Protection Act 2007.
0 Kudos