Menu
Jase88
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Overcharging for 50mb Broadband

So I've been a Virgin Media customer for about 8-9 years now. Recently had alot of issues with stability too.

Last year i noticed after their "bill increases" that they were actually now charging me more for my 50mb broadband than the advertised price on their website. This was rectified in one call thankfully however it was an hour long argument with the person on the phone as they tried to fob me off saying the prices on the site were "new customer exclusive" even though this is not stated ANYWHERE.

Now less than a year down the line I decided to check out my bills again and low and behold they have up'd the direct debit again without any letters what so ever and AGAIN im paying more than any new customer would. I'll admit its not by much but its not the point.

Existing, loyal customers should not be charged more for their services than a new customer!

Any one else noticed this at all on their bills as a friend of mine checked his after i mentioned this to him and they've done the same thing to him?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharging for 50mb Broadband

Yup, pretty normal in this industry

0 Kudos
Jase88
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm just thankful that I'm completely out of contract with virgin and it's just a roll one now. Looking at what other providers offer and comparing virgin aren't the company they used to be.
Their customer service line is a joke. I work in IT and the last time I called them I told them everything I'd done to fix it and they end up just confused because they have no clue what I've said to them. These are the people that are meant to help us.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jase88,

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you are unhappy with the offers available to you as an existing customer. 

New customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined. Any offers past this are available to all customers. 

The good thing is we can take a look at your account to see if we are giving you the best price possible Smiley Happy

Give the teams a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos