Menu
Johnpc13
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged

Has anybody else been lied to by the virgin team when they were offered a deal to stay. The offer I was quoted has not been honoured and I am fed up to the back teeth with the appalling customer service, pushy calls from foreign call centres by rude staff trying to get me to sign up to unwanted. So called offers. How do they get away with this?

Helpful Answers
Ash1952
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Overcharged

Get them to give the offers in black and white so you have proof of offer . I have stopped taking verbal offers as genuine . Once you have in black and white it is provable contract , but a verbal agreement has no proof unless you record the conversation.  You always have the ombudsman as last resort .

0 Kudos

All Replies
Peter33
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Be very careful trying to leave virgin  they will really overcharge you it's a hundred pound per service to leave so if you have tv broadband and phone it could cost you three hundred pounds , if you don't pay up they send some thugs to your home from a company called BPO , think it may stand for bullying people out/of/their/cash
0 Kudos
Ash1952
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Get them to give the offers in black and white so you have proof of offer . I have stopped taking verbal offers as genuine . Once you have in black and white it is provable contract , but a verbal agreement has no proof unless you record the conversation.  You always have the ombudsman as last resort .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnpc13

My apologies that you have had this experience with the teams when processing and applying the offer you had agreed to Smiley Sad

If you have agreed to a specific deal with the teams then in order to look into this it would be great if you could get in touch with them to discuss this further.

They would be happy to help out Smiley Happy

All billing and package queries that need to be looked into by our teams in a secure way, either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have. As the forums are public we need to be supporting you in this way to keep your data confidential

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g.- Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos