Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (72 Views)

Overcharged

When I signed up to virgin media I was told it would be £38 all in every month. I said if it was just that price then I would go for it. The lady had given me discount apparently and also movies free for a certain period. Now that period is over for the movies I got a letter to say that I owe them a months bill as it's now up to £60 per month! I rang the lady that had originally got me the service to be told I'm misreading my bill and she cannot help! I assume this is because she knows that she did wrong by not explaining to me that after the free period I would have to cancel the movies of I would be charged! But come on to have a letter in front of me explaining that my bill is £60 a month and her to tell me I'm reading it wrong and that she cannot help is ridiculous!!
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: Overcharged

Rebeccaa wrote:
When I signed up to virgin media I was told it would be £38 all in every month. I said if it was just that price then I would go for it. The lady had given me discount apparently and also movies free for a certain period. Now that period is over for the movies I got a letter to say that I owe them a months bill as it's now up to £60 per month! I rang the lady that had originally got me the service to be told I'm misreading my bill and she cannot help! I assume this is because she knows that she did wrong by not explaining to me that after the free period I would have to cancel the movies of I would be charged! But come on to have a letter in front of me explaining that my bill is £60 a month and her to tell me I'm reading it wrong and that she cannot help is ridiculous!!

ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS read the terms and conditions, it would have stated that you would be charged after the free period

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (22 Views)

Re: Overcharged

Hi Rebeccaa

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the billing and the package, and a warm welcome to the community.

I hope since you've posted you've been able to get in touch with our teams to have a chat with them about this.

If not you can contact them to look at supporting you with this this either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g.- Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Via these options our teams can clear security with you and support you with billing or packages queries. As the forums are public, supporting you in this way is the best way to keep your data confidential.

Keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide