Menu
Highlighted
Chilledcat
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged

So my first bill was £88 which I paid for and was fine, however without my knowledge virgin had taken this amount out a second time a few weeks later and much to my annoyance instead of being refunded its apparently going over to my next bill which instead of saying £34 it says CR £54 which might be fine but now I'm confused as to how much I have to pay this month (sorry if thats dumb but I'm new to all this) and I would much rather have to refund since I need the money at this time and would be more conveniant for me to have it.

Can someone explain how much I actually owe for this month?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Overcharged

To clear some things up (going to make some assumptions):

You have a direct debit set up.
When you have a direct debit set up, even if you make a manual payment, the direct debit will be taken out (this is stated on the site when making manual payments)

That is the usual reason for being billed twice. You can ring up and request a refund on one of the payments, or you can leave the amount on your account as credit. Ring up and ask for it to be used to pay your next bills.

CR£54 means you are still in credit £54 after the next £34 of bill has been taken off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To clear some things up (going to make some assumptions):

You have a direct debit set up.
When you have a direct debit set up, even if you make a manual payment, the direct debit will be taken out (this is stated on the site when making manual payments)

That is the usual reason for being billed twice. You can ring up and request a refund on one of the payments, or you can leave the amount on your account as credit. Ring up and ask for it to be used to pay your next bills.

CR£54 means you are still in credit £54 after the next £34 of bill has been taken off.

0 Kudos
Chilledcat
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay, that makes more sence that how it was originally explained to me, I feel so stupid, but thankyou 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chilledcat, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged twice. 

When you have a direct debit setup, the payment will come out as planned even if you make a payment via quickpay. What happens is your account then goes in credit so you have less to pay on your next bill. 

You now have 3 options Smiley Happy

1) Leave things as they are and pay less next month

2) You can speak to your bank and claim back the money that was taken via Direct Debit under the Direct Debit Guarantee. The bank will then refund you and your Direct Debit will be cancelled. This means next month you will need to pay your balance using a credit or debit card and once the balance is 0 you can then re-set up the Direct Debit.

3) We can refund the payment you made via card. This is usually processed within 3 - 5 days depending on if there is a weekend. 

Going forward, if you want to pay via Direct Debit then leave the payment go through. If you wish to pay earlier then you can change your payment date.

You can also pay a little bit online before hand but make sure you call us 5 days BEFORE your direct debit is due to come out so we can amend it for you.

Come back and let us know which option you would like to take as we'll need some more information from you if you chose option 3. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos