Menu
siobhan17
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged and slow cable

I've updated to a 70mb + unlimited phone package; after seeking to leave to solve the excessive phone cost, poor broadband speed, and impossible access to customer service I'd experienced on the 50mb package.

First month of billing has included £9.90 additional phone charges (made within the new contract); and 2x 20+min phone calls to try and address the 20mb speed I'm now receiving. Still, I have been offered £7 compensation as apparently there is wokr going on affecting speeds for a month!

Anyone else had this quality of service?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged & slow cable

Hi siobhan17,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your broadband. Providing credit is the only thing we can do. We're already working as hard as we can to resolve things. 

In terms of the phone charges, we will need to look in to this further for you. Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can double check things. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
siobhan17
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've already called customer service 5x times since changing contract. At a typical minimum of 20mins every time to get through I've now given up calling. It is just impossible to get through in a reasonable time. Even Virgin call staff acknowledge this.

I (wrongly) imagined this forum was a means of getting a resolution. It's proving only to be a 'dead-end' to leave a record of desperate service provision. Having read more of the questions on this forum I am astounded that Virgin remains in business. Clearly it's because they often have local monopolies on cable service.

However, I recently learnt that regulator expects 10% of customers to be able to access the speeds they claim for the service provider to 'legitimately' advertise such packages. With this form of regulation I have the very lowest expectations of improvement from Virgin.

Perhaps only 10% of customers should offer to pay their bill?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi siobhan17

I am sorry to hear that there is ongoing work which is impacting the speeds you receive from us. The reference we have raised for this is C00747425, and the review date for this is today.

If you prefer alternatives to calling in, you can Contact Us  via Webchat, where the teams can advise regarding the status of this issue and let you know if the work has been completed of this this requires any extension in time.

Once we know the ongoing work has been completed we can look at the problems you have been having if they are still ongoing and get this resolved as soon as we can for you. Hopefully the network teams who are working on this now will be able to apply a resolve that will immediately improve the speeds you have been getting from us.

Please be aware if you have the phone with us you can also contact us for free on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos