Menu
Kitteekatt101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Outright lies now?

Hello everyone in Cyberland,

I wonder if you can help me, or if anyone has experienced similar...issues?

Last month I decided to upgrade my package slightly. The package I had been receiving was-- Full House XL TV / 150Mbps broadband / Talk anytime International 2-Talk more anytime- phone / Disney channel as an added extra. My usual bill was between £89--£91 and that was fine you get what you pay for. I got in contact via online chat to a very helpful (Lady?) named Riya. I explained that as I'd seen an ad on the 'Upgrades' area when I signed in to my online Virgin media account to boost my speed to 200Mbps and add SKY Cinema for just a little more than I was paying I was thinking about upgrading and could she give me details. The lady was very nice she checked everything out and came back she said that actually, she could do me an even better deal than the one listed  "I can offer XL Phone with Full House TV and Broadband 200mbps, including 6 months Sky Cinema collection, Given deal will cost you £89.50 per month for 6 months with new 12 months contract and after that £100 per month. It's the best deal in which I can offer SKY cinema for just £10.50 however other customers are paying £21 per month for the same package" the words are verbatim as I took a screenshot 'just in case'. Fast forward to my new bill of £107.48p, ok I thought, let me check this, I'm sure the extra is to cover the few days over between switching to my new price and leaving my old package price, and to be fair £7.48p actually was, but now I've come to find out that the offer I was quoted, and accepted, hasn't been honored at all. My new bill monthly is £100, not the £89.50 promised. Why the outright lie? In all probability, I'd have taken the upgrades anyway but it's really not the point and I'm furious at being hooked in this manner. I have been with Virgin a good few years now, I'm a good customer, I pay my bills on time and don't bother them unless there's a problem. Is that how they treat loyal customers? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outright lies now?

Maybe Shafreya, but perhaps just another case of retention\sales just not acting on something offered like they are supposed to.  It can be claimed anything could be fixed simply by calling up.  But if the op didn't have the caps, would anyone honestly be able to say with any level of certainty where the problem or claim lies?.  And what therefore would virgins response likely have been without any evidence?.  But yeah maybe, just maybe a call might be all that's required I can't deny.  As is the possibility that a call could result in a denial of the offer being as the op claims.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The chat log is pretty crystal clear despite minor language barriers. They can’t deny this.

Offer was £89.50 for 6 months then £100 for remaining 6 months of the 12 month contract.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

From what you posted it looks like you’ve not had the half price sky cinema credited.

Would recommend you ring VM up, and head to option 1 4 5 on the phones and you will get to the UK teams, explain the situation to them and the £10.50 credit you should be getting for the first 6 months of the new contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If its not the deceptive sales pitch its wrong pricing, and if its not wrong pricing its an inability to clarify additional costs in writing.  And if its not that its false deceptive claims about competitor's "flaws".  And this is how they treat existing customers customers when they are out of contract asking for a deal?.

Sure, I know the same might be said about other providers and their customers in the same situation, maybe not.  All I know is that I've had enough and not playing this game any more.  I've made my call to retentions, got what was supposed to be a reasonable offer.  Pulled virgin up over that "deal" and the lack of detail confirmation and false TV package comparison when I looked into things only to be met with deceptive claims about competitors and a refusal to even match a competitor's price.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Dave606

Before the picture got rejected I saw it was a chat log. Pretty easy to see it’s just the sky cinema half price wasn’t out on correctly. Just needs calling in to fix.

Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Maybe Shafreya, but perhaps just another case of retention\sales just not acting on something offered like they are supposed to.  It can be claimed anything could be fixed simply by calling up.  But if the op didn't have the caps, would anyone honestly be able to say with any level of certainty where the problem or claim lies?.  And what therefore would virgins response likely have been without any evidence?.  But yeah maybe, just maybe a call might be all that's required I can't deny.  As is the possibility that a call could result in a denial of the offer being as the op claims.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The chat log is pretty crystal clear despite minor language barriers. They can’t deny this.

Offer was £89.50 for 6 months then £100 for remaining 6 months of the 12 month contract.

Kitteekatt101
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, it's very much appreciated. I'm kinda slick these days, I screenshot everything that might be even a little sketchy; once bitten, twice shy and all that. I tried calling but have been unable to get through, but I'll persevere. I'm kind of miffed that they removed the chatlog, it was only a documentation of the conversation I had with the rep. I'm hopeful that they honor the offer, if not we're going to have a problem. I love the service Virgin provides and really would rather stay but won't be taken for a fool. If we can't find a resolution, I'll report to Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) and perhaps see if trading standards have an opinion on the subject too. It really is the last thing I want to do, but who knows how many people this has happened to that do nothing and accept it. There are those who don't know who or how to approach the problem and others still who take them at their word and don't even check. I expected so much more from Virgin and I really am disappointed.
Thanks again Shafreya.
0 Kudos
Kitteekatt101
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the comment. I actually keep screenshots of everything and that isn't the only one over that conversation, just the part that showing the offer. I seriously recommend doing that, it (usually) keeps people honest. It's amazing how much more helpful people become when they can be held accountable.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It’s the best way to be with contract these days. Record calls, take screenshots, protect yourself.

Kitteekatt101
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sad but true my friend. It's certainly preferential to being called a liar, or my personal favourite, talking to you as if you're a moron, that you 'misunderstood' or didn't read/listen/whatever properly. I absolutely agree, protect yourself.
0 Kudos