Menu
Highlighted
mattybrown
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Our equipment is about 4+ years old now...

Our equipment is about 4+ years old now.  TiVo's a bit sluggish to start, go in and out of My Shows, Guide, etc. and the Youtube app's always been pretty much useless.  It must take 1-2 minutes for the Youtube app to become usable.  Netflix and NowTV often has buffer face during streaming a movie too.

Can I just ring up and request new equipment?  I see new customers are on much faster, newer hardware.

Matty.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Our equipment is about 4+ years old now...

You can get the V6 box for a one off fee of £20 & no monthly increase. You'll need Mix TV or above (otherwise cost will be higher) & 100Mb broadband with Virgin. See here.

Alternatively, if you're out of contract you might want to speak to Retentions to see if you can get it free and possibly lower your bill in the process by re-contracting. To reach them, call 150 or 0345 454 1111 and use the "thinking of leaving us" option.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

All Replies
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can get the V6 box for a one off fee of £20 & no monthly increase. You'll need Mix TV or above (otherwise cost will be higher) & 100Mb broadband with Virgin. See here.

Alternatively, if you're out of contract you might want to speak to Retentions to see if you can get it free and possibly lower your bill in the process by re-contracting. To reach them, call 150 or 0345 454 1111 and use the "thinking of leaving us" option.

mattybrown
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice!

Just called Virgin Media on +44-345-454-1111 went through to thinking about leaving you call queue. Told them my TiVo box is running slow and I wanted to get it swapped out for a v6 box. They've arranged for a new v6 box and router since ours is the old 2ac model. Delivered to work on Tuesday, no cost whatsoever and no new 12 month contract.

Very happy with that Smiley Happy.
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Pleased to hear you're getting the new V6 box!

Word of advice, the Superhub 3 has a well known latency problem that can cause issues in online games. It doesn't cause problems for most customers but I'd keep your Superhub 2ac in case you run into problems and need to revert back to it, since they're no longer supplied.

Enjoy your new equipment. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The 2ac is arguably the best hub right now. I’ve deliberately not gone to the Superhub3 since it’s (early) release. I won’t go to it until it’s issues are fixed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos