Menu
Bitofadonnet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Online Upgrade Price Errors

Has anyone noticed the errors on the upgrade section of My Virgin Media?

I have Full House with Vivid 100 and Talkmore Anytime currently £61.25 per month. The upgrade to Vivid 200 is quoted as £63.88, which would take my subscription to £125.13 per month!

Obviously a mistake, but Virgin Media wont get many customers upgrading, if this scale of error is repeated across all customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online Upgrade Price Errors

The online upgrade page does sometimes have problems with getting prices right. That's why it marks prices as From £***. Last I used it, the page listed an estimate but advised me to call in as the page only listed an estimate price which wouldn't be accurate.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Bitofadonnet
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The upgrade price is supposedly tailored to my current package. Currently my package including Vivid 100 is £61.25 per month, the upgrade cost to Vivid 200 is £63.88 (£2.63), which sounds like very good value, but the revised monthly cost is then shown as £125.13, which is bonkers.

I'm not actually looking to upgrade at present, but if the error(s) affect all customers, Virgin aren't going to get many takers!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The page has issues on price calculating, that much is certain. A fair number of customers have been caught out by it and even after being revised several times it does still appear to be an issue. I can't see it myself currently as I have a discount applied to my account and accounts with a discount applied normally aren't allowed to access it (to protect said discount on the account.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos