Menu
ihache
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

One off charge of £500 on my bill - is this for real?

I've just received my monthly email from Virgin telling me my bill is ready. I was shocked to find a one-off charge of £500 for what is discribed as a "Faulty Extension Chargeab". What on earth is this about? Feeling rather stressed :-(

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: One off charge of £500 on my bill - is this for real?

I would call in and ask them- never heard of that charging code before.

150, thinking of leaving us, option 4 then 5 should land you with UK onshore support during UK office hours. Wouldn't bother speaking to offshore as they wont have a clue...

Have you had them out to do anything recently? Not inferring its a correct charge just wondering whys there's ANY charge on there as most call outs are free.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would call in and ask them- never heard of that charging code before.

150, thinking of leaving us, option 4 then 5 should land you with UK onshore support during UK office hours. Wouldn't bother speaking to offshore as they wont have a clue...

Have you had them out to do anything recently? Not inferring its a correct charge just wondering whys there's ANY charge on there as most call outs are free.

0 Kudos
ihache
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kippies.

I had a recent problem with my home phone and sought help to resolve by contacting Virgin support on 150

The problem - I noticed that my home phone was ringing three times and then hanging up. People who rang me said my phone rang only once and then went dead. If you answered within three rings all was well. I could also make calls out ok. But the dial tone was not continuous - it made three short tones repeatedly (which I now understand to be a message alert for the 1571 service). I tried different phones and established it was not an equipment fault.

I reported the problem and the call centre operative informed me that my voicemail box was full up - which was apparently the cause of my problem. The solution offered was to extend the number of rings from 3 to 10 before the phone diverted to the answer service (but this would take 24 hrs to have implemented). I was also instructed to call 1571 to delete my messages.

I tried this but the service reported "you have no new messages". A couple of days after I reported the fault nothing appeared to change still 3 rings and the 1571 service still said "you have no new messages". So I rang my home phone from my mobile and was able to leave a message. I subsequently rang 1571, listened to it and hung up. The result was that a normal dial tone returned. I thought problem solved - wrong!

This evening when I ring my home phone it rings out 3 times (but I don't hear that in the phone I'm calling from and after a moment the line goies dead. So I'm not hugely inspired by Virgin technical support at the moment and rather **bleep** off that I have to now waste time trying to resolve what I hope is a stupid billing anomaly.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you've not even had an engineer out, I cant see any circumstances you would be getting charged anything near that.

I know its a PITA but its always best to head these sorts of things off sooner rather than later. I totally understand your frustration, Ive had to chase stuff up with them before now, but speak to the right people and it usually gets sorted swiftly.

If you find it difficult to get it sorted on the phone, come back and let us know. They dont deal with individual account issues on here, but as its a large amount and likely to be a worry I'm sure we can get someone to look at it for you.....

Ive sent you a message with some details about contacting onshore int it- little purple envelope top right of your screen.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ihache

Thanks for joining us on the community and for dropping by to let us know about the one off charge of £500!

That is completely wrong of course and needs to be corrected.

A faulty extension socket charge for a call out to resolve this is a one off cost of £50 not £500.

You can get this sorted by contacting our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat who will be happy to help resolve this for you.

For me to get this escalated to get this resolved for you, I'm going to drop a pm to you that you can find in the next to your forum name.

If you coud get back to me on this that would be fantastic!

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"