Menu
BenDavidson
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Omnibox (Brown box) on my wall all is unsecure

Hi guys, 

I've recently set up a VM service in my new house (previous owners had fibre already installed) and I've noticed that one of the two Omniboxes (brown boxes on the outside wall) isn't securely properly to the wall. It's sat at an angle and if I peer underneath I can see a couple of wires hanging underneath (I promptly poked these back. Someone has taken the genius decision to locate the boxes in the entry between mine and my neighbour's houses - and so I presume someone's given it a good knock whilst putting the bins out or something. in). Unfortunately I can't access the screws as I'd need to take off the front panel and therefore expose all of the wires.

I've just had an online chat with someone in customer services who said that I'll be charged as (from the test they did) it's not affecting my service. Whilst I can sort of understand this (fitting a couple of screws is hardly technical), I'm not comfortable having the box sat like it is - it looks like an accident waiting to happen and whilst it may not be affecting my service, it just looks wrong.

Can anyone advise me of something I can do? 

Many thanks, 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Omnibox (Brown box) on my wall all is unsecure

You could ask Customer Relations to book an engineer appointment to have that sorted, they generally do it with no cost involved. To ask them, place a call between 8AM to 8PM to 150 / 0345 454 1111 and go with option 4 -> option 5. Tell them about the damaged omnibox and needing an engineer out to sort it. Alternately, the Forum Team members here can book such an engineer appointment for the damaged omnibox situation- but there is an up to three days wait for them to pick up on a topic.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenDavidson,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your Omnibox is damaged and that this wasn't dealt with in the first instance of you reporting this. I can get an engineer arranged for you to get this fixed. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Many thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenDavidson,

Just checking back with you to see how the engineer appointment went for you. Was the engineer able to fix the damaged omnibox?

Please drop me a line and let me know.

Cheers.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Zen24
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am having the same problem. Can someone please assist? I tried calling VM but there is no option 4 or 5 available. The box was a brown Virgin box and it was blown away during the storm. I came across this topic after googling around. Can someone from the team assist with this issue? Many thanks.

18217041_10158700732355422_1679692811_n.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You need to take option 1 initially, supply your account number and area, three letters from your password then option 4, followed by 5.

0 Kudos
Zen24
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't have an account number which is why I could not get through to anyone on the other side.

0 Kudos
Zen24
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no reply? Thanks!

0 Kudos