Menu
brianp9
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OVERCHARGED

Received a call form virgin media via my mobile offering sky movies free for 6 months.

Guess what - billed for it this month !

Have rang virgin cancelled but still charged me up to cancellation - complained in writing about the charge and call to my mobile  and requested a refund - they  replied asking for a copy of the e-mail or letter with the offer - how can i supply proof of a mobile offer for goodness sake ?

This is wrong - i will NEVER take any offer over from Virgin over the phone again - get your act together and stop ripping customers off 

Helpful Answers
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: OVERCHARGED

In fairness upon taking any such offer like this you should always insist on email confirmation of such an offer and changes right away and check your online account to see the account changes are exactly as offered on the phone.  Any refusal or excuses why this can't be done by VM should always to lead to a refusal of any such phone offer.

Also why VM can't ever send out emails containing digital contracts containing the detail of offer to be checked, signed and returned by email before any account changes are made puzzles me!.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In fairness upon taking any such offer like this you should always insist on email confirmation of such an offer and changes right away and check your online account to see the account changes are exactly as offered on the phone.  Any refusal or excuses why this can't be done by VM should always to lead to a refusal of any such phone offer.

Also why VM can't ever send out emails containing digital contracts containing the detail of offer to be checked, signed and returned by email before any account changes are made puzzles me!.

0 Kudos
brianp9
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

THANKS DAVE606 - I would normally ask for such but have had many offers via mobile - usually callers have foreign ( sort of phillipino ) accents and have always had the offers honoured - just that i have been ripped off this time and only knew about it when i got my bill - never again !
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi brianp9, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not had any luck with this new deal that was offered to you. 

Usually whenever a change is made to the account an email will be sent confirming the changes or a letter. 

Did you ever receive any notification of the change? 

Since talking to the team, have they been able to credit the account?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brianp9
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No e-mail or notification - just a cold call on my mobile offering the deal

I have written to virgin - they just say provide proof 

which i cannot do because i don't record my calls

Not happy  !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi brianp9,

Thanks for coming back to me on this one Smiley Happy 

Checking in to the account it looks as though the only offer we had at the time was Sky Movies half price for 6 months.

Either way, I can see that the Movie channels have been removed and you've been refunded for any future costs. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brianp9
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks - yes future costs but had to pay up to the bill date

I can only think this was down to poor English by the caller

I have accepted offers by this method in the past but will not in the future

it's not the money so much as the principle and being asked for the offer details

i received when it was done by phone.

Once bitten and twice b***** off

0 Kudos