Menu
Caroline126
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance calls from Virgin Sales Team

Does anyone know how I can get the Virgin Media sales team to stop phoning me? They generally phone me once or twice a day on my home phone.  I did write to Virgin asking them to stop calling (I am an existing customer with no interest in changing my current package) but the reply from Pramod Gaikwad suggested I register for the Silent Call Guard.  This service costs £2.70 a month - it is obviously ridiculous of Virgin to suggest the only way I can stop them from harassing me is by paying someone to stop the calls!

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance calls from Virgin Sales Team

Caroline126 wrote:

Does anyone know how I can get the Virgin Media sales team to stop phoning me? They generally phone me once or twice a day on my home phone.  I did write to Virgin asking them to stop calling (I am an existing customer with no interest in changing my current package) but the reply from Pramod Gaikwad suggested I register for the Silent Call Guard.  This service costs £2.70 a month - it is obviously ridiculous of Virgin to suggest the only way I can stop them from harassing me is by paying someone to stop the calls!

Apparently the Forum team can arrange for your details to be taken off the list so you will have to sit tight and wait a few days for one of them to respond.

That is the good news, the bad news is that for some unfathomable and never explained reason it takes an extraordinary long time for VM to actually take your details of the list.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance calls from Virgin Sales Team

Hi Caroline126, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. Apologies to hear you are receiving unwanted calls from us. Smiley Sad

I've gone into your account and changed your marketing preferences to No Contact so this will stop any calls you are getting from us. It will also stop any emails, addressed marketing and texts from us too, if you are getting any of these. 

It can take up to 6 weeks for things to completely stop but you should see it reduce as time goes on. 

With regards to the reply from Pramod, it looks as though they got confused and assumed you were talking about nuisance calls in general. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos