Menu
VM219674
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance calls from Virgin Media Sales number 08004089341

Good Afternoon,

I've been receiving nuisance calls from Virgin Media Sales number 08004089341 and I can't seem to find anywhere in the Virgin Media account settings to stop these (no obvious opt out of marketing telephone calls).

When I took out Virgin Media, I explicitly rejected a landline because the only people that ever phoned were telesales folk trying to flog me stuff.

The only reason I gave Virgin Media my Vodafone mobile number was to assist with problems with the original installation, not to harass me with sales calls.

I don't mind e-mails, but this is my Vodafone number they are ringing and hassling me on. I've managed to get the flood of Virgin Media letters stopped, how do I stop the calls to my mobile?

Regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance calls from Virgin Media Sales number 08004089341

Hi VM219674,  

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having a new face in the crowd Smiley Happy  

Apologies to hear you are receiving a number of calls to your mobile number. I can see that since posting you have spoken to our Web Chat team who have removed you from our Marketing database.   

This will stop all marketing content from us including emails.   

It can take up to 6 weeks for the calls to completely stop however you should see a reduction as time goes on.   

If you have any further issues after this point, come back and let us know.  

Thanks,  

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ianogden
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you please remove me from this?

I have just had a rude woman phone me on my mobile, and its happened a lot over the time I've been with Virgin Media for my broadband, TV and home phone. I have a business mobile phone and a landline at home for personal calls. Your call centre staff don't seem to understand this when they quiz me about me and my family's mobile phones. The only thing I'm interested in is paying less for my broadband and TV. So unless you can phone me to tell me that I'm getting a large discount for loyalty, then I would please love to not receive any marketing phone calls.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianogden

It's great to have you with us on the community and thanks for popping by with your post Smiley Happy

I am very sorry to hear that your most recent exchange with us on the phone has not been a good one Smiley Sad

If we have your details for contact purposes and you would like us to opt you out of any marketing calls that we provide to you, then we can absolutely opt you out of these.

As this kind of change requires us accessing your data and making a change to this for you, in order to arrange this securely, if you can chat to our teams either on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111, or  alternatively via Webchat , either of those teams can opt you out of these calls.

Please bear in mind that this can take up to 6 weeks to update with us.

Keep in touch with us if you need anything else and we'll be happy to help out Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos