Menu
Highlighted
Nathan_S
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not entitled to TV Tablet

Hi,

When I signed up to Virgin in August, I chose the VIP bundle so that I received a free TV tablet worth £250. I did not see this on my order, so I rang Virgin (Twice!) to check, and they confirmed that it is on the order, and they even checked the order codes to see what they were for. The second person I spoke to said I would receive it after 30 days. The first person I spoke to had a 5 minute conversation with me about how good the tablet is with it's big screen, the only trouble they were having is finding a case big enough for it!.

Just called to check on the status as it has now been a month and a half, and low and behold, there is nothing to say that I ordered this! This is outrageous, I can understand a mix up in the order, but to then be told by 2 call handlers that I was entitled to it, then to be told that I am not!

But wait... Can you listen to the call as surely a big company records all calls!? No, you only record a selection of calls for training.... 

I hope this is resolved ASAP. Has anybody else had the same issue?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not entitled to TV Tablet

not sure why you would go to the financial ombudsman

you follow the complaints procedure http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... then if no joy go to the communications and internet services ombudsman which is CISAS https://www.cedr.com/cisas/

I've worked with two different ombudsman organisations. They like proof. So any recordings,emails,letters etc could be beneficial. hearsay is a difficult one because it would then be your word against virgins. but eventually a determination is reached and the ombudsman decides 'who wins'.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan_S,

Thanks for your post and a huge welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face posting here. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you've not yet received your tablet. This can sometimes happen but we are more than happy to chase things up for you. 

I can see you've already been able to speak to the team regarding this and they have filled out an exception form for you. This went over to the Rewards team and they have checked your account and advised that's it's not eligible and therefore been rejected. 

Looking at the order, there are no codes on there to show the tablet and no notes on the system to show this was offered. 

If you selected an eligible package then after you ordered your services you would have received an Order Confirmation email. This would have included a reference starting with WS followed by numbers. Have you still got this by any chance? 

Check on there under the promotional offers section. If the tablet shows there then we can raise this further for you. If it doesn't then I'm afraid there isn't anything else we can do. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nathan_S
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No I have not received this. This is why I called twice to check I was entitled to it and was told yes!

Nathan

0 Kudos
Nathan_S
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another handler just confirmed all calls are recorded. 

It's simple really. Virgin Media has 8 weeks to either listen to the calls where I was told that I was entitled to the tablet, or even check what offers were on the VIP bundle at the time of ordering. 

If not resolved in the 8 weeks, I look forward to taking this to the FOS.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

not sure why you would go to the financial ombudsman

you follow the complaints procedure http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... then if no joy go to the communications and internet services ombudsman which is CISAS https://www.cedr.com/cisas/

I've worked with two different ombudsman organisations. They like proof. So any recordings,emails,letters etc could be beneficial. hearsay is a difficult one because it would then be your word against virgins. but eventually a determination is reached and the ombudsman decides 'who wins'.
0 Kudos
Nathan_S
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, 

Was not sure what was the right one to go to after the 8 weeks. 

0 Kudos