Menu
Matinmiah
Joining in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Non Telecommunication block vs full service

Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever heard of None telco block? finally the lines were released recently and I've been after broadband only and taken the lowest 3 packages £29 (phone, 50mb, tv) as this works out cheapest apparently. I then came to find out that there is another package being offered for £18 just for broadband to local residents. After enquiring i was told that this is due to certain flats have limited services offered. I.e its less as they can only offer broadband service. Just wanted to ask is this normal? To be able to offer certain people cheaper package for that reason (even though could be in the same building). I was told i can have 50 Mb for £32.25 broadband only where as none telco can have the same for £18.

is it possible connect some people in the same flat with full service and others with none telco? I would have thought that they would connect everyone in the flat with the same capabilities.

just  baffling to think they can offer different prices like that for exact same service when in the same building

many thanks 

matin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non Telecommunication block vs full service

Hi Matin

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting about the offers you have been given and those you have heard about.

I have checked in and the option you are referring to is available in selected areas as part of our Project Lightning offers to customers who are in NON TELCO areas only.

The offer of the discounted broadband is a dedicated Project Lightning offer only and not open to sale to other customers.

I appreciate that you may all be in the same building but the options here are to offer an alternative arrangement for those customers we cannot cable for the full service package we would normally offer as an option to them. If they had phone capacity they would have the same offer for broadband only as all our new customers do that can be found on our homepage Broadband Only Deals

If there is anything else we can look into for you then please just let us know.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Matinmiah
Joining in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

It seems there is something i need some help with. 

I stated above i have signed up for the bundle and was due installation on the 24th Feb. We are now in May and i have not still got my services installed. I have had numerous appointments which either got cancelled last minute or engineer turned up, said they couldn't do anything and left. I have made at least 30 calls and still no clearer than day one.

it seems the lines have not been pulled from the streets to my apartment. This was identified on 24 feb 17. since then i have had 4 installations teams consisting of surveyors. each time i called them before hand to make sure the everything is set (they assure me it is) and Each time they come out and fail to complete installation.  Since then they have told me that they were unable to pull the line to the apartment due to a blockage on the street, require permission from the council to dig. After each appointment they tell me the same thing and that it will be done by the next appointment but it never happens. Each time i speak to the pre-installation team they assure me that this will be done before next appointment but i cant see anything being done (failed 4 times). It is now been well over two months and i have another appointment on 18th may 17. I have had to take off time to attend these and basically i dont have any more holidays left. To me it seems like theres a huge mis-communication between the departments, as though they dont talk to each other. Can you assist in anyway? 

Next appointment is on the 18th may 17. I had a call from one of the engineer out of the blue on 06/05/17 saying that he is trying to find my apartment as he is there to pull the line. Unfortunately i was there at the apartment (if they told me pre hand i would have been) and gave him directions. When i did get to the apartment i couldnt see anything being done. I have called the pre-install team and they couldnt tell me anything, they said they need to talk to the installation team and get back to me. they still havent called. I dont know what to do anymore. 

any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

matin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matin

Many thanks for taking the time to get back to me on the forums about the issues with your installation and my apologies that you have had an extended delay in getting the services connected.

I've run a check on the system today and can see that you are still not installed with us yet it looks as if the Pre Call team are trying to get this rescheduled with you as the install is showing as in a GO stage, which means generally that the construction work has been completed.

In order to check into this with our teams if you could confirm if you are still willing to go ahead with the installation with us, as I appreciate this is now a few months since you originally arranged this with us, and if you would like us to look at booking this in for you for the first available date that works for you that we can find free on the system, that would mean you do not have to take another holiday off work.

If you could pop a PM to me with your preferred contact number if this is the case and a selection of dates where you know you are free, we can have a look into this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my profile link Karen_A
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Alternatively you can contact our Pre Install teams who can support you with this via 0345 454 1111.

Many thanks.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matin

Thanks for getting back to me on your PM with your concerns.

I'll email this to the area managers to see if they can arrange for someone to check on the pre pull for you to confirm the installation is good to go and once I have that confirmation for you I'll be back in touch.

This may be in a few days.

Hope to catch you soon!

Many thanks

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matin

Just a heads up the area managers have advised that a field supervisor will visit the site tomorrow (no need for you to be there) to check on the construction and the pre pull work for us and then they will get back to me to confirm what is happening on the back of this visit so I can catch up with you. It may be Wednesday before I respond to you if the email comes in after 2.30 when I finish tomorrow.

Hope to catch you again soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Matinmiah
Joining in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

hi Karen,

thanks for that. i just want someone to tell me if that job is done first before continuing. I dont know how the team communicate as the installation team keeps on booking installation without the job being done. Would've  expected them to learn first time but they just keep doing it. Anyway thanks, hopefully get some progress.

many thanks matin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

No worries Matin

Fingers crossed we'll get some feedback for you soon to put your mind at rest and get this installed for you asap.

Many thanks and catch you soon.

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matin

The teams are still looking into this for us and the last communication I had from last night was from one of the area managers to the other guys I have copied in as they're looking for ways to resolve this for you.

I believe this block is pre-wire but requires the drop cables to be pulled to a point which is roped within the block. Our senior tech for the region can advise as you will require keys to access the building. It might be worth get a number of cables pulled on one go if possible.

I did send a chaser email when I was in earlier but not had a response back from that yet. I'll check back in again first thing in the morning for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Matinmiah
Joining in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the update, really appreciate it. You have been fab. Unfortunately i cannot say the same about the rest. I find it unacceptable, this seems very serious and ive been strung along all this time. I did not receive any calls from any managers giving me any serious time frame. All i got was a re-installation date after installation team failing to install each time. This is just ridiculous, if i had known it would take this long (3 months now)i would have just taken out broadband with someone else. 

thanks

matin

p.s. if the team wish to obtain access to the locked cupboards required for the cable pulling then they can do so by contacted the building management team. Bulmer Estates management 0115 969 6111. Ask for Marylin.

0 Kudos