Menu
Duppy
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Noisy manhole cover

manhole cover outside ## Dewstow Street, Newport, NP19 0FT on pavement loudly bangs every time someone walks on it.  This is a very busy street and it is annoying as this is causing sleepless nights with constantly banging,  could this please be sorted a.s.a.p.  Thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Noisy manhole cover

VM cabinets and VM manhole cover issues can both be reported online: http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ -> Something else -> Open or damaged cabinet -> Email us. Or ring 0330 333 0444 and report it.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM cabinets and VM manhole cover issues can both be reported online: http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ -> Something else -> Open or damaged cabinet -> Email us. Or ring 0330 333 0444 and report it.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Maybe not a good idea to publish your address on a public forum.    Interesting to see it on Google maps street view though ... I love seeing other parts of England.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hmm   Manhole cover   In the meantime If you set the bin on top of it, maybe people will walk around it

0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Can always jam half a wooden clothes peg / cardboard etc down the sides of it & break off any excess sticking up so it's not a trip hazard, that should shut it up until they get around to sorting it, neighbour did that to cover outside doing the same thing. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Duppy,

Sorry to hear that the Virgin Media manhole cover outside your property is disturbing you. We do ask that you don't provide your personal details on the public forum. 

As Shelke correctly advised, if you click on the link provided, please complete the form with the relevant details to report this to our Maintenance Department.

Apologies again for any inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

sheldonb14
Joining in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

We have the same issue in Alcester Road South B14. Its been reported many times, including by our local council highways team, nothing seems to be done. We have had months of it clanging now and its becoming infuriating listening to it when trying to sleep. Every time I contact Virgin they simply ask us to fill out the same online form, but nothing seems to happen beyond this. There doesn't seem to be a single human being at Virgin that you can actually speak to about this issue, customer services transfers you to the same recorded message, who never call you back. Hardly the caring company they portray themselves as. I'm not sure what the next step is, anyone got any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi sheldonb14

I appreciate you letting us know about the manhole cover and thank you for letting us know about this via the forums.

I am sorry to hear this is causing you any inconvenience and that this is something that has been ongoing for a while.

I'd like to see what we can do to get this resolved for you.

For me to get the details I need to support you, could you please get back to me on the pm I'm sending you that you can find in the purple envelope up by your forum name.

It looks like this:

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

sheldonb14
Joining in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

is there any further update on this? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi sheldonb14,

Thanks for your patience on this one.

Karen had this feedback from the Cabinet and Plant team via email: 

We have booked this out on a 2 hour make safe to stop the noise pollution as a temporary measure on reference VM/CIP/278779 & have asked our contractors to schedule works in asap – they will mail us with a date – have also asked we replace HD covers on this chamber.

The teams will keep us posted on this and if you could please keep in touch if there is anything else we can look at for you that would be great Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out