Menu
Justfern1
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No virgin Media at my end of street

Can you advise when virgin media will be in my street pls. It is at one end of the street not the other. Ng22 3ly  

Have asked the workmen at top of street but never hear anything back about connection

BT Broadband service through phone line is terrible here and to to swap providers but don't want to jump to other service if Virgin is weeks away!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin Media at my end of street

Are you sure the postcode is correct?

Royal Mail website says it doesn't exist.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Justfern1
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Oops. Mixed two postcodes. NG103LY   Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hmm. Interesting. Just been having a nose around on Google Earth. One end of the street is definately late 90's cable build. Go out the other end onto Tamworth Road & I'm seeing recent HFC build (less than a year old), which is definately connected to the older green cabinet at the Tamworth road end. My guess is that there is some abandoned build from the 90's at your end of the street that should now be connected to that cabinet, but Virgin's database has yet to be updated to include all the houses.

Hopefully the Forum Team here will pick up on this thread & see whats happening for you. As far as I can see there is no reason you should not be servicable.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Justfern1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you're not living in a serviceable property currently.

The good news is that when checking the postcode on our systems, it's got Coming Soon. This means plans are in place to get things moving for the other houses in your street.

The not so good news is that it can take months from the start to the end of the process so there is no telling when it will be saleable.

Register your interest here: Cable My Street. Once registered you will receive updates via email on where we stand Smiley Happy

Hope that helps.

Thanks,  

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Justfern1
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nogrodd reply suggests that the database may not have been updated and there may be services at the end of the street. This sounds very positive. This certainly resonates as there are posters on units at each end of the street stating cable is here! These are perhaps a year or so old.

phoning up always gets the response that it's coming soon, as does chats with the various telemarketing guys in area - this has now been the response for 3 years since I moved in.

i know soon is a relative term but how long do I wait until soon becomes now!!!

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

quite often it is out of virgins hands as they have to get things approved by the council. virgin probably do not know. there are obviously lots of streets in the country waiting too. you can bet that once they have a date you will know about it.
0 Kudos
Justfern1
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kath. Appreciate if your team could look into this.  Both the units at either end of street say fibre is here - I'm literally 200ft from one of the boxes and believe this may be a database/records

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Justfern1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us Smiley Happy

The good news is that when checking the postcode on our systems, it's got Coming Soon. This means plans are in place to get things moving for the other houses in your street.

The not so good news is that it can take months from the start to the end of the process so there is no telling when it will be saleable.

Register your interest here: Cable My Street. Once registered you will receive updates via email on where we stand Smiley Happy

Hope that helps.

Thanks,  

error rather than no connectivity in street.

Justin

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Justfern1, 

Hope that helps.

Thanks,  

"Coming Soon", well that's really informative!

I'm pretty certain that other areas have been informed, with exactly the same words, and are still waiting!

At least you were informed "honestly" by Kath_F "The not so good news is that it can take months from the start to the end of the process so there is no telling when it will be saleable."

That's one of the few honest answers you are likely to get from VM. (Something has definitely gone wrong there, an honest answer from VM is as rare as hen's teeth.)

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All I have assumed is from what I can see on the current Google Earth streetview content. This shows that all the necessary ducting is there in the immediate vicinity. It does not mean that the cabling has been installed, or if it has, that it is connected to the infrastructure further back down the line.

0 Kudos