Menu
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No phone line for at least the last 3 days!.

Ok not to sure on if a problem or misinformation since recontacting after a retentions deal.  

But last week we decided to stay with VM after being offered a decent retentions deal.  We have gone from 50mb broadband and unwanted phone line to just 50mb broadband.  We was told these changes would come into effect from the 20th November and all services will remain the same until then.  Ok, the only change bring dropping of the phone line.  In fact the current bill and contract (until 20th November) still states phone line charges and phone line as part of our current services.

However, I've noticed for at least the last 3 days we have had no working phone line.  Not to bothered about that in itself as only wanted to clarify something with VM.  But if we are being charged for a phone line until the 20th November it's fair to expect to receive that or an account credit applied.

Now, the latest bill for some reason does look to have had a credit of £17.00 applied to it since the last bill was issued.  This was what I wanted to call VM about to clarify.  As simply put, I don't know if this £17.00 credit is a credit to take into account that we had originally been in a 30 days service termination period seeing as we are charged in advance or if it's an adjusted credit to reflect that the phone line has been disconnected now rather than  20th November, if so fine with that?.  

Any chance a moderator can try and clarify and find out for sure and exactly what this £17.00 is, thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No phone line for at least the last 3 days!.

Hi Dave606,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your phone line isn't working. 

Checking the account, your phone service is pending disconnection so therefore the phone line should be working. Checking the status of this, it's coming up as unknown. 

I'm going to pass this over to my colleague Terri who is pretty much an expert when it comes to the phone line. She'll take a look tonight and come back to you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dave606,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your post and that your phone line has stopped working after we updated your account to change your package.

I'm having one of our team check the open order for you now. I do need to verify your details, so I'll send you a private message. Please check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still no phone line for at least the forth full day now.  And still non the wiser if the account has been credited to reflect if the phone line has been terminated early, despite the account as said showing that we still have an active phone line.

However, I have managed to look a little deeper into this £17.00 account credit.  Last month the account credits were a £2.00 account credit and a £9.00 account credit, both loyalty\promotion credits.  This £17.00 credit this time (since the last bill was generated) is made up of a £2.00 & £15.00 credit, both marked as loyalty credit.  This I'm guessing is in fact to reflect the new retentions deal we are on for just the broadband which based on what our bill should be next month seems to add up to the list price for broadband only.

So, still no phone line for at least 4 full days, account still suggests we have and are being charged for a phone line until the 20th Nov but no working phone line.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dave606,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your phone line isn't working. 

Checking the account, your phone service is pending disconnection so therefore the phone line should be working. Checking the status of this, it's coming up as unknown. 

I'm going to pass this over to my colleague Terri who is pretty much an expert when it comes to the phone line. She'll take a look tonight and come back to you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dave606,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your post and that your phone line has stopped working after we updated your account to change your package.

I'm having one of our team check the open order for you now. I do need to verify your details, so I'll send you a private message. Please check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies & as said in a private message, my apologies for not posting back on here, very busy weekend.  But despite not responding and providing details I was reached on my mobile which I was pleasantly surprised to receive the call and the matter was discussed, assumed a fault of unknown nature and an engineer visit arranged for 2 days later which I was impressed with the timescale.  The "fault" fixed itself prior to the engineer visit and via private message it was never determined what the nature of the fault was.  Possibly a service outage or unknown glitch I think was mentioned.

Either way VM kindly credited our account for £6 due to the downtime of the phone line as a goodwill gesture which I never directly asked for on the phone so it was a nice surprise to see this added as told despite having not needed the engineer visit in the end due to the fault self fixing.

Replying to this just to thank the staff involved as despite many members often VM bashing at some point (myself included on numerous occasions) for bad service I feel staff often don't get credit or mention for good service.  So thanks to VM for once as was very happy with the service received over this issue in the end.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave606,

Thanks for getting back to us about this.

Really happy to hear that this has been sorted for you!

Thanks also for the lovely feedback, it really is greatly appreciated.

We are always happy to help, so please do not hesitate to ask if you have anything more that we can assist with.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos