Menu
sgreybe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No confirmation email for cancellation received

Dear Virgin Media

I am leaving the country next week and therefore called up to provide 30 days notice to cancel my subscription/service for the day I leave. I was put through to various departments, then finally got through to someone. I explained that I was leaving the country and she then put me on hold for 13 minutes. After 13 minutes she came back on, told me that all was fine, that my contract would terminate on the 30th of May, which is 30 days after I called, and then informed me that there would be my usual bill in the middle of the month, plus a final bill covering the last 2 weeks of my contract, which would arrive shortly after the end of contract date.  She informed me she would send me a confirmation email of all this. She then told me not to cancel my direct debit.

Up until today (which is 20 days later) I have not received ANY confirmation email or paperwork. I would like it in an email form. I have however received paper leaflets addressed to "the next tenant" / "new occupier" so clearly Virgin does know my contract has been terminated (or at least at the end of the month).

I asked about returning the box and wifi router but was told to "leave it there or dispose of it".  I am concerned that as I have no confirmation of this I may be charged for not returning it. Also, the comment to not cancel my direct debit leads me to believe that Virgin wishes to charge me for more than the final 2 weeks of my contract, so I will definitely be cancelling it asap.

Please can someone therefore send me the confirmation email I was promised with all the above details in writing asap as I am leaving the country very soon.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No confirmation email for cancellation received

Hi sgreybe,

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that you have not been sent the documentation of your cancellation, as you requested. 

Due to security reasons, I have to advise you to call in to speak about this with our Team. Please ring 150 from a Virgin Media land line, or 0345 454 2222. That way, security can be cleared so we can look into this for you.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
sgreybe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No I am not able to phone AGAIN. I already phoned to cancel the service, and I was charged for the phone call and the lady put me on hold for 13 minutes for no reason. I am assuming this was to push up the final bill I would have to pay. I have already cancelled the direct debit to ensure that no extra money can be taken out of my account.If you need any security questions answered, PM me and ask them there, I am NOT going through that phone call nonsense again.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi sgreybe,

Thanks for your post and apologies that you've not received any written communication from us with regards to disconnecting the account. 

I've taken a look at things today and can say we did receive a call on the 29th April and that the correct actions have been taken.

Once the account has been disconnected you will of course receive written communication with all the information you need including a Final bill with any charges or refunds due. Until your disconnection date, your account will continue as normal which is why you don't receive anything before hand. 

If you still haven't received anything after your disconnection date and the services stay on, let us know so we can investigate further however currently everything looks set to go ahead :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dorey69
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

same here, I cancelled my service after being ripped off by virgin for the last 3 years, with false contracts just to get you to stay then they take more non excising money in my bank for DD and not the agreed amount and contract they say you have.

the caller derian I think his name was, assured me that I would receive an e mail to confirm my acc was cancelled, this happened last year, and the the cheeky gets tried to send me a bill for Jan when if they had put on the system that my contract was on the 30 days notice, (which he even tried to say that I would be charged an early exit fee? HOW?? when my contract was ending and if I had not gave the 30 days notice they would of charged me the full fee out of contract. no point putting in complaint as they don't deal with it!

I have been with virgin for over ten years, but after they way I have been treated with over charging and false contracts im glad to leave them!!

so now I am still waiting for the end of contract to be sent to me, its the trick to over charge and get more money off you and I bet in three days they will send me this months bill even though I am paid up and leaving them, crap service and lying just to keep the customers.. bye

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi dorey69

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch regarding this and thank you for your post here. I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums too.

I am sorry to hear that you are leaving us. My apologies also that there has been some confusion regarding the disconnection process.  I am chasing up with my colleague who you spoke to regarding the cancellation to see if they can arrange to get this resent to you if possible. 

When a disconnection is booked by our teams, this doesn't stop the normal bill from being produced. What happens is that once the disconnection is processed, the account is adjusted and any charges from the current bill that take you beyond your 30 days notice would automatically refund back to the account.

If this is been paid already, this is refunded to our customers once the account has been closed for 35 days, and is sent via cheque through the post.

Please let us know if there's anything else you'd like us to look into for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
willchan8
Just joined
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To whom it may concern,

I am having a similar experience as the above users in that I called to cancel my contract with you due to Traffic Management Issue in my area on the 12th February 2016 and was told that the contract had been cancelled by one of your colleagues. However I have just received a new bill from you and have not received any confirmation that the account has been closed. I refuse to call in again, as my experience of being bounced from person to person, holding on the line for 30min plus, and then being hung up on is something I refuse to do again. If you wish to contact me, you have my contact details. Otherwise, I will presume that the account has been closed as I was told it would be when I called on the 12th February 2016.

Please see my account number below;

{Account Number Removed}

I'll consider this matter fully closed if I do not hear back from you.

Regards,

Mr Chan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mr Chan,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great to have you here even though the circumstances aren't great.

Once the account has been disconnected you will of course receive written communication with all the information you need including a Final bill with any charges or refunds due. Until your disconnection date, your account will continue as normal which is why you don't receive anything before hand. 

I've taken a look at the account and can see the account has been disconnected.

If you have any further issues, please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
questions123
Settling in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I called up and canceled myou package the other day and it is ending in 7 days I was told, however I have recived no confirmation and my bill has not changed as I was told it would.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi questions123, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

As mentioned above to other members on the thread, the bill won't change until your disconnection date has passed. Until then it will continue as normal. 

Once the disconnection date has passed, you'll receive a final bill a few days later showing the adjusted price including refunds and adjustments. 

If after the disconnection date you are still being charged, pop back and let us know and we can then chase this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos