Menu
harveyabo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No call back from outbound retentions

I had a call from outbound retentions yesterday who made an offer that I said I would like to think about overnight. Gavin asked me to give him a time for him to call me back the next day, I said 11am. I said I would make sure I would be home at 11am today (17th November). I made sure I was at home to take the call. It is now 12.45 and no call. I have phoned customer services but have been told that they cannot put any calls through to customer services. They would send an email but it bewouldn't be actioned for 48 hours!! I have had a  very good offer from BT and that is why I am leaving Virgin. I had accepted the BT offer because originally I was told that Virgin could not match it. I am now told by outbound retentions that they can better it. I have a very limited time to cancel the BT offer but unless Virgin call me back they stand a chance of losing the business. A similar process happened to a friend of mine and he never received a call back. What is the use of having a retentions department if they do not follow up an enquiry

an email but it would normally take up to 48 hours for any action to 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No call back from outbound retentions

Hi harveyabo, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue receiving a callback from the Outbound team. 

As the team make calls all day, it may be that the person you were speaking to was already on the phone with another customer by the time your callback was due. Have you had any voicemail since then? 

If not, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options for leaving us. This will get you through to the Retentions team who will be able to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
harveyabo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have already telephoned the number you quote but as they were "INBOUND RETENTIONS" they could not help, I needed to talk to 'OUTBOUND RETENTIONS' who cannot accept incoming calls. What a fiasco!!! They said that they would try to send an email to Gavin, it is now 3 days and still no contact. How does Virgin hope to retain customers if it does not talk to them?
0 Kudos
harveyabo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have just read my emails and have been sent a new contract to sign. It is however not for the monthly charge offered by the mysterious Gavin. I spoke to INBOUND RETENTIONS, however the usual fiasco, I can only talk to OUTBOUND RETENTIONS as the offer came from them. WITHOUT A CONTACT NUMBER FOR OUTBOUND RETENTIONS PLEASE CAN YOU HELP AS THIS IS BECOMING SO FRUSTRATING. 

0 Kudos
sparkus87
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good luck pal.
I was told that the outbound team only exists when the call centre is quiet enough to spare people to make outbound calls.
When I asked the lady on the phone, "would you be happy if this was you being given this level of service?" She replied "No, but it's not about me is it?"
What she didn't realise is i had also recorded the whole conversation for my own training and quality purposes.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi harveyabo, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

There is no contact number for the actual Outbound Team as they only do Outbound calls. Inbound calls are taken by Retentions however they should have access to the same deals once they're saved on your account. 

Since you posted have they called you back again? Usually they will try 3 times.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Swiffo
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here.  Outbound loyalty kept ringing and ringing, eventually got hold of me offered some prices, I said would come back to them, they gave me a number which was back to customer services, now no way of contacting them.  Tomorrow after 16 years and paying £1300 a year, my disconnection goes through.  I spoke to guy in inbound retentions on Saturday who said he would submit form to get them to call, but clearly they are not bothered, which is their prerogative, as no call.   Ah well, it is what it is, but my real problem is outbound retentions never at any stage said that was a take it or leave it,there or then offer.  You live and learn I guess.

0 Kudos
grindax
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here.

Outbound retentions called and made an offer. I said I'd need to speak with my partner about it, so can he call back later that day. He said yes, but then didn't call back.

The next day when I phoned 150 I was put through to inbound retentions, who told me that they are an entirely separate team and that there's no way to contact outbound retentions.

It really is quite strange how Virgin Media choose to run their business. What is the point of a retentions team who are unable to retain customers who are agreeable to being retained?

0 Kudos