Menu
Shaun31B
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No £50 credit?!

Hey, I hope I have posted this in the correct section 🙈

My issue I am currently having is that I have only recently joint VM and was referred by a friend. I followed the correct process my order confirmation showed in detail that my £50 credit has been added.

Now I have checked my account for my latest bill and no credit is shown, on my account nor my friends.

I have contacted online chat help and they just kept responding with this isn't the correct email, or I haven't followed the correct order process even though it shows on my order confirmation email. During this conversation it went over the 8pm cut off time and magically my wifi went down. Now I dunno if this was just coincidence, but this has never happened before.

I then phoned up CS yesterday and spoke to a representative who was telling me the same thing as the online chat. When I informed him about the order confirmation showing my refer a friend credit has been added, he told me to forward the email to enquiries@virginmedia.co.uk which I have done.

During this time I contacted the twitter support team and they have informed me this morning they are unaware of any sort of email channels for support?

Can anyone shed some light on what is currently going on? As I feel like I'm just going round in circles with no help.

Thanks

Shaun
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No £50 credit?!

Hi Shaun, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Checking your account I'm not seeing any link on there to show you've been referred. Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos