Menu
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New online account needed?

Hi,

I am currently registered on the My Virgin Media site and am able to view my package online etc. However, I am moving house next week and have negotiated a new package with new account number etc. Now, I can see that my existing account is showing the disconnection under 'Track My Orders' section, but how am I supposed to add my new cable package account to my registered My Virgin Media login? The contract that I have been sent advises me to register if I'm not already, but I already am. I have tried registering again and choose my same email address but it will not let me use the same email again. I don't have another email address to use.

Please help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New online account needed?

you wont be able to use the same email. if you want to keep the current email addresses you will need to call CS and get them transferred to the new account or you will lose them
0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. Seems daft that you can't add another account to my existing registration though.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

account numbers are attached to an address. the email address is attached the account number.

See the endless loop coming. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Understood.

So I've created a new account with another email address and the damn thing won't let me login now. I've verified my account by clicking the link in the email but it just won't let me login. Are there problems at the moment?

0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've also tried resetting my password just incase its me being daft but I get presented with a 'Oops, something went wrong' page.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The email and My Virgin Media login should be transferred by Virgin Media as part of the house move. You shouldn't need to create a new login.

If you've been able to do so then something has gone wrong with the transfer. You'll need to call in for it to be sorted.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So that's two different things I have now been told now and I am still no closer to getting this sorted.

I've just spent the last 30 mins on the phone to the completely incompetent staff an VM and been passed around to 5 different people, none of which explained my issue to the next person. Not one person has been able to help.

This customer service is absolutely atrocious!

Please can someone from the move team / web account team contact me to get this sorted so that I can actually look at my account?

0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So I've now spent another 30 mins in a chat with someone from the Online Account team only to be told something different again. I'm now being told that I do need a new account and that I won't be able to access it until my services have been installed next week, despite being able to create a new account and link my new account number to it.

I was able to to this on my old account and was able to track the order in the 'My Orders' section but apparently, now I can't.

Can't help but feel I am being fobbed off by people who can't be bothered to look into my issue.

Fuming.

0 Kudos