Menu
Coxfam
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New installation fiasco

Follow up from complaint no.843389001

Having had an installation date of 10th March 2017 (approx. 4/5 weeks after deciding to switch to Virgin Media) I organised the cancellation of our current provider (Sky) for the installation date.

On the day of installation I find 3 engineers and 2 vans looking puzzled at out road.  All well marked out with paint and arrows.  They then informed me there was not cable to my house as it had not been pulled.  No one had informed the engineers and no one had informed me as the client.  This was a know issues as during the last week men had been photographing the house and marking the road.

My question is why did no one inform me, the client, who signed a contract for a service, was told while doing this that my address had cable and over the weeks waiting for the installation date was getting welcome email etc.

I am now without telephone and Broadband to my house, I have spent most of Friday (installation date) on the phone being passed from department to department, being told conflicting details, having the phone hung up on me by the pre installation team. 

I am an Assistant Principal of a large secondary school and use broadband to work from home every evening.  I now find myself having to rearrange my whole life so that I can continue to do my job.  No body at Virgin Media has in any way tried to help me to solve this massive problem, all I get is "sorry".  Why can 2 departments not communicate, why did the engineers who know of the problem not knock on my door when they realised the issue so I could try and keep my current supplier for a little longer.  If this was a State School being visited by OFSTED they would be put into the "Special Measures" bracket for Management and Communication, this category is massive in education

They way this situation has left me and my family feeling is deplorable, we feel as if we have been duped and then dumped.  Yes a mistake has been made and we all make them, but their is a duty of care by Virgin Media here that has just been dumped and the client/customer left for 6 to 8 weeks with a wrecked home life and extra stress adding to an already very stressful job. 

ALL I wanted yesterday was someone to take responsibility, and offer some assistance in trying to help me through a mistake of your making,  this never happened and having wasted nearly 3 hours on my mobile phone yesterday I am very saddened that any company, let at lone Virgin, could treat a new prospective customers in such a poor and off hand manager. 

I would be grateful if someone, who has the ability to help me, could contact me so that I can discuss this situation further.  PLEASE, PLEASE make sure it is someone who can help and not some who will pass me from one department to the next and not, like yesterday, have the decency of informing the next person of the situation, I repeated myself over and over again yesterday.

Many thanks for reading this (I feel it very sad that one had too!)

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation fiasco

Have you been dealing with the offshore call centre ... if so you are wasting your time.  Try calling the UK based Retentions Team on Monday during normal office hours.  0345 454 1111 and select the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  They can deal with a lot more than just retentions.

I have to say however that if there is no cable pulled to your house you could be a very very long way from any hope of connection.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unless you have a particular grievance/problem with Sky it might be worth reconsidering your move away from them at least for the time being.

You are not yet committed to VM and I should think Sky would be pleased to continue with your custom.

Given the treatment you have had do you really want to do business (with VM).

0 Kudos
Coxfam
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping someone from VM might have contacted me reference the complaint to chat it through and discuss the situation, but it seems it was wishful thinking.  All I really wanted was someone to understand the impact of this situation and try and offer some positive help/advice. Smiley Sad

Will use the number again if I hear nothing from my initial complaint which is totally about "communication"!

Thanks for your prompt response. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coxfarm,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Checking your account it looks as though we are needing to extend out network in order to get you installed. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. This has been approved against the budget, so next step is to get the relevant permits from your local council. The job pack has been raised under REF: 018.075.843389001 (which is what you have put as the complaint reference number)

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact date on when you'll be installed. We can only offer an estimate time which is 6 - 8 weeks. As work progresses we'll be in a better position to give you an update on this. Feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies once again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos