Menu
Abbafan1972
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New installation didn't happen

We ordered a Virgin Media Installation on 24th Jan for yesterday (18th Feb) for Broadband, TV and Phone Line.

Engineer arrives and was here for less than 5 minutes and goes away because there's no cables running to the house.  Made a phone call before leaving, but made no indication what was going to happen.  I rang up VM installation team (David) and stated the situation and I was promised that the installation would be completed the same day, including having the cables pulled.  Was promised a call back that never arrived.

When I checked my online order status, an installation date of 9th March between 1 - 6pm had been added.  I rang again and spoke to another member of the installation team who told me that my equipment would be installed today and the appointment on the 9th March was for the cables to be pulled.  I asked her repeatedly how that could be possible and what I'm supposed to do with equipment that doesn't work and is not connected to anything - when she didn't know the answer she cut me off.

After another phone call to them to cancel my order - they persuaded me to take a reduced price package (£45 for 3 months and £85 for 9 months), I rearranged the installation date for 10th March between 1 - 6pm. They assured me that the cabling would be sorted by them.

Meanwhile we ring BT and Sky to extend our notice period until this installation date because need broadband for the daughter's homework etc.  When we talk on the phone to Sky we manage to re-negotiate a deal with them to stay and take their Broadband.

I have phoned VM to cancel my order, but this office was closed as it was after 5 by this point, he said he would send the cancellation request and I would receive a call back with 24-48 hours (why?).  I don't want them to try and persuade me to go ahead again.  If an engineer turns up I am not going to allow him access.

I wasted a whole day sorting this out and was supposed to be going out, but couldn't in the end.  

Not happy.

0 Kudos
Abbafan1972
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation didn't happen

Can anyone recommend the best way to cancel please?

I noticed there is an 0345 number on the contract I signed or it says I can send the contract back with "Cancel" written across it.

Can I still cancel as the installation never took place and I don't have any of VM's equipment?

I have received no call back from them with regards to my cancellation and the installation date is still showing as 10th March on my order tracking.

Please help - I am now glad I'm not going Virgin now, as they've proved how incompetent and incapable they really are.

Thanks in advance,

Abbafan1972

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abbafan1972

Thanks for joining us on the community and for getting in touch with us about the options to cancel due to your delayed installation. It’s lovely to have you joining us on the forums and I am sorry that this situation has left you looking to cancel with us Smiley Sad.

Is there anything we can do to help out here?

I hope since you posted you have been able to get in touch with us about this as I appreciate it's been a few days since you posted to us.

If you have not been able to get this sorted with us then if you could get in touch with the Pre Install Cancellations teams via 0345 454 1111 they would be happy to support you with this. The Customer care team will put your through to them as there is no direct option for them on the automated system.

They are open from:

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm;
Sat-Sun 9am-5pm

If there is anything else you need from us then please just let us know.

Many thanks

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Abbafan1972
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there.

Thanks for your reply.

Since I posted my last message, I did call that number and explained the situation - I don't know how much plainer I could have put it about cancelling, but the staff in the call centre don't seem to understand.  He just kept saying "we will call you in August", I asked him what for and he said that they would come and do the outside work etc, so in the future I could have Virgin, when i told him that we've gone back to Sky and will be under a contract period, he said Virgin would be able to buy me out of the contract term, so that I could switch to them. They haven't cancelled my contract, all they've done is move my installation date to 22nd August.

I am done wasting any more oxygen on these morons and am just going to let the installation date come and go and if necessary just keep moving the date.  I have considered writing to them as it does say on my contract that I can write cancelled across and post it back and they will cancel.

I have made sure to log into my internet banking and cancel the direct debit set up by Virgin.

Glad I never went with them in the end as I seen how rubbish they are.

0 Kudos