Menu
dprochefort
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New house has defunked/damaged brown Omnibox outside - Can this be removed?

Hello,

See thread title. The cover is basically balanced on the underside of the box/wall and the cables are easily viewable. As I am not with Virgin can this be completely removed along with the cables by a Virgin engineer? 

Looks pretty ugly and dangerous.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New house has defunked/damaged brown Omnibox outside - Can this be removed?

Hi dprochefort, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that the omni box outside of your property is damaged. We can certainly look in to this for you. 

It's worth noting that the team will more than likely come out to replace the omni box cover rather than remove the cables completely due to already having the permission to have the cables there. This will ensure should you do decide to come to Virgin Media, or someone else who may live at the property, there'll be no delay in getting you connected Smiley Happy 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dprochefort, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly on this via private message Smiley Happy 

I have popped an email over to the Area Manager for your street to see what we can do. As soon as I hear anything back, I will be back in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dprochefort, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the Area Manager on this. 

They've come back to me today to advise that a new box cover has been fitted so things should be looking a lot more tidier now Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues going forward, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

dprochefort
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kath,

Sorry I didn't get back to you before. The engineer sorted it all out very quickly and did a great job! I'm aslo impressed with how quick you all were as I'm not even a customer.

I chose to go with another provider but after 5 weeks of buying their package they only just activated me and have given me 5mb instead of 76mb fibre like I asked. As you'd expect I'm pretty annoyed and am going to cancel my contract with them...

What I'm wondering is your engineer dropped a leaflet with me in case I did change my mind and wanted to go with Virgin instead. I've since lost this/thrown it away sadly. Is there anyway you could confirm which engineer this was and resupply me with the reference/discount code so I can use it?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for coming back to us and it's even better that you are deciding to come to us as a customer Smiley Happy 

Promotional offers are always changing so with the time that's passed, it's likely the offer is no longer available. 

Can you remember what the offer was? I can check to see what's on offer and what we can give you Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dprochefort
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Never mind thanks for the help but I've already signed up. I don't think I'd be saving much anyway so went ahead.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
dprochefort
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katherine, you were very helpful last time so thought you could help again. I've posted another topic as an engineer was promised to come to mine to set me up Thursday but never showed, called, apologised or rearranged...

As you know I left origin due to them never helping and lying about arrangements so I don't want this to repeat.

I'm on holiday now until the 8th so can you please arrange and promise an engineer to come to mine on the tuesday 9th of May?

I trieste to find an online form, complaint form or email for virgin but that doesn't exist? Seems silly as I can't talk or call atm.

Please reply asap as I don't want to spend my holiday worrying about this

Thanks
0 Kudos