Menu
Lauraloo5
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New customer

Hi iv just moved into new address and been approached by you door to door sales team has given me what I wanted just would like to no if this is legit as he used my card details for credit check, can't afford it to be a scam
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer

Really - so why did you give away your credit card number and details if you had any doubts? I can understand your concern but how would we know if this is a scam or not. VM use direct sales staff and indirect staff through agents to drum up business but who knows whether the people that called on you are genuine or not? Did you ask to see identity or credentials? Since you can order VM services direct over the phone why did you fall for door stepping?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Lauraloo5
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes he had id badge ect all the correct paper work also called up to confirm my credit check it all seemed legit at the time as iv been looking to get Virgin over the past few days, only questioned it after I spoke to a friend on the phone with then put the doubts in my head
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My comments stand. Never ever buy on the doorstep. You may not have been scammed, but as I said how would we know. We weren't there.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lauraloo5

Thanks for joining us on the community and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy I appreciate you getting in touch about the door to door sales process.

Our Sales reps do run credit checks and they do take advance payments from customers. One method to do so is by taking your payment from the card you provide to us. When you call us up we do this over the phone. When the rep is with you we would do this via phone to our agents who load the orders onto our database to create the account for you ready for the installation.

I have checked and can see that we have an account set up pending installation for you and we also have a payment showing on this account which matches the balance you have paid.

If you'd like to check in with our teams to confirm specifics then please get in touch with us either via Webchat or via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where the teams can confirm these details for you/

Keep in touch if you need anything else, and welcome to Virgin Media Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos