Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)

New customer

Hi i have an installation on Tuesday the 18th, do you or myself contact my present provider to request my service to stop on the 18th.?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (171 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Michael_JK (Forum Team)
‎20-04-2017 13:26

Re: New customer

You do. Except that if you are porting your fixed line phone number across to VM you need to leave the line active until VM do the job of taking over, or you will lose the number. Please also remember that your Virgin installation will use entirely separate circuitry from what you have now. new BB and TV connections and new phone socket.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (172 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Michael_JK (Forum Team)
‎20-04-2017 13:26

You do. Except that if you are porting your fixed line phone number across to VM you need to leave the line active until VM do the job of taking over, or you will lose the number. Please also remember that your Virgin installation will use entirely separate circuitry from what you have now. new BB and TV connections and new phone socket.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (63 Views)

Hiya Derek1445 and welcome to our community, apologies for not getting back to you before your installation date.

In any case HowardML has given great advice here, you'd need to let your old provider know that you're leaving them, however you'll need to ask them to leave your telephone line open if you're transferring it to us.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos