Menu
shakedown79
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New build

I am trying to order Virgin Media for my new build property but experiencing issues

The property has already been cabled for Virgin Media yet when I tried to order online last week I was told it wasnt available

I called in and was told a form had to be submitted and that someone would call me back in 24hrs

This was over a week ago. I have called in since to try and get an update but have not been successful.

It shouldnt be this difficult to become a customer and is leaving me to wonder if I should go elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build

Hi shakedown79,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I would like to check this further for you if that's ok?  I will request some details in a private message, look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
iainhill64
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We have had the same issues on a new build estate the whole site has been installed with virgin media services but some houses can get it and some can't keep getting the same promises from virgin media time after time and we have been waiting for 9 Months with still no answers seems to be a national problem good luck maybe worth taking sky tv up until virgin media get their act together.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianhill64

Thanks for popping by with your new build query and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

If the development has been wired with Virgin Media then it might be listed on the systems already and just need released to Sales.

If this is a property that still needs cabling to complete our ability to connect you as a customer, or simply an admin issue, we'll take a look into this for you.

Just a couple of quick questions for you:

• Is there Virgin Media cabling and a phone junction box in the property?
  • Is there a tee junction outside your property? It should look something like the image below.

If the answer to both of the above is yes, then we may be able to get this sorted for you quite quickly. If no, it might take a bit of time to resolve for you. Either way, if you could get back to me on the pm I'm sending to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name, that would be fab Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

scottishlad79
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Im having the same issue the builder advises me the site is fully ready for virgin, the ducts are there,as are the cables however its not showing on the site,

Would you be able to help with this ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottishlad79

Thanks for joining us on the community and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'll be happy to catch up with the teams about this for you and will drop you a pm to get the details I need to chase this up for you.

I'll be in touch after that point as soon as I have any feedback from them for you.

You can find the pm in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

Hope to catch you soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottishlad79 Smiley Happy

I've been monitoring this with my colleagues and can see that the property has now been released to Sales on the 9th ready for you to book in an installation with us, which is fab Smiley Happy

If you could now get in touch with our Sales teams via 0800 183 1234 or online via Online Sales that would be brilliant!

Keep us posted on how this goes and thanks again for using the forums.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
carts239
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am finding same problem. We are moving to a 'new' build (circa 2007) & have given 30 days notice to cancel at current address which is fine. Explaining at same time there was no sign of VM services available at property, I was told that an engineer would be going to visit property & was told I would get a phone call back. That was well over a week ago. I gave my mobile number so as I could be contacted as my wife & I were away for a few days. On return home we were met with packaging for return of equipment to VM. I tried last night to e-mail address FieldSalesSurvey@virginmedia.co.uk to see what was happening but e-mail could not be delivered.

Can I please have an e-mail address that I can make contact to see what is happening.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi carts239

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the potential for services at your new property.

There is no email address that can be contacted where this would be handled for you and my apologies about that. However I would be happy to help support you with this if this is still needed.

Can I ask before I message, if you have checked in with Sales on 0800 183 1234 to find out if a site survey engineer was sent out to check into this for you and if so, if you’ve since had feedback on this from us?

If not, if you could get back in touch with me on the pm I'm going to drop to you.

You can find this in the on the top right.

Catch you soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
BD1
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dear Karen,

We  have recently moved into a new-build property and having a similar experience to others in this thread in that we are awaiting a satisfactory response from Virgin about if and when fibre broadband and telephone can be supplied.

All the necessary copper cable and fibre-optics are present sprouting out the ground next to the house with T-junctions in the pavement.

A week ago I contacted Virgin by telephone, was told a site survey would be completed and given a reference number.

This morning I contacted Virgin again by telephone on 0800 183 1234 - option 1 then 1 and was told that the property was not registered on your database and therefore it was not possible for a site survey to be carried out.

Bit stumped as to what to do next.

Help and advice much appreciated..

Ben

0 Kudos