Menu
Trintragular
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Installation Soon - Area 04

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving house and I have an installation date, account number and an area reference.

The area reference is 04, which is concerning because of the over-utilisation issues. It is the B70 area.

Would it be possible to check for any current utilisation problems before installation?

Also, I have been told that the address is 'partially serviceable' as a phone line cannot be provided and there will be a 'phone over coax' service (presumably VOIP) in August. According to the postcode checker, there are many other houses on the same lane/road which have all three services. Would it be possible to find out why I'm unable to get a real phone line and if one could be installed later? The salesman was unclear.

I'd prefer a real phone line because the VOIP line would rely on the super hub being on all the time and if the internet connection goes down, I'd have no telephone line. I prefer not to rely on a mobile phone.

Please let me know if you need any specifics.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation Soon - Area 04

Hi Trintagular

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the possibility of being connected at the new property address.

I hope your move goes well Smiley Happy

In order for us to take a look at the specific cable and service details for the home you are moving to if you could pop a PM to me with your name and address in full, that would be great Smiley Happy

To private message me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm what we have checked for you and what to expect next Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With regard to the phone issue, it may be a capacity issue where you have to wait for another customer on your cabinet to leave. In new "Fibre Only" provisioned areas there is no "twisted pair" phone service, & VOIP will be the only option. I have to say the Virgin Media UK is the exception rather than the rule now. All other cable providers in Europe (including ROI) are VOIP only & their services are considerably cheaper as a result. With many customers wanting to ditch line rental, VOIP may soon start replacing the service here too.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trintagular

I've checked into the new address and the cable that is connected to this property is showing that we are working in the area to resolve congestion on the network that can impact the speeds that are delivered. This would be the same across all speeds.

There is a fault reference number for the work being done and the reference for this is F004710736 with a review date of  April 24th.

This date may change as work is currently still ongoing.

I appreciate you are not yet connected with us at the new home and understand this may influence the decision to start up with us on the date you have agreed at present.

With regards to the phone line the property is showing as non serviceable for a line. I understand many homes on the same street carry the capacity for a line and appreciate that this is an inconvenience for you. My apologies we are unable to install at present. I have dropped a mail to the teams to see if they can elaborate further with this for us. I'll drop a reply back to you here once I find out more.

Please keep in touch if we can look into anything else for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Trintragular
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the update.

The installation hasn't happened yet and I'm sure a cable hasn't been connected to the local cabinet yet. There is a blue rope coming up from the green duct, though, but that's been there since the house was built about a month ago.

I did ask the salesman if there were overutilisation issues to which he said that something along the lines of they wouldn't make the connections available if there was an issue in the area. This is a new development. I also telephoned the sales team () and asked but I was told there was no issues or faults either.

Have you heard anything about the phone lines yet?

Also, do you know what speeds I'm likely to achieve at the peak time in the evening and during the day?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trintragular

The area managers came back to me and asked that I book in a site survey for you for the line and I have done this for you.

If you could pop back to me and let me know from April 3rd onwards (which is currently where we have availability from for this) a couple of days when you may be free from Mondays to Saturdays then that would be great. The appointments are either morning from 8-1 or afternoon from 1-6.

It's temporarily booked in for the first available for you as it stands currently but that can be changed. We have asked that the engineer check to see if there is a possibility of routing from the cabinet you are connected to, a telephone connection or if not to look and see what is preventing this for us.

With respect to the impact to broadband we cannot say exactly what to expect as this all depends on the peak traffic usage in the area. Some days could be better than others and we cannot advise of an estimated speed. If you know anyone in the area currently connected to our services they may be able to support you with this as they would be having first hand experience of the impact that the high traffic is causing.

Hope to hear from you soon via a PM to look at booking in the site survey- it's best if you're home as they may need access to the property to run their checks.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos