Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (62 Views)

New Contract email

Been a Virgin customer (before that NTL) for over 15 years.  

Then I receive an email from Virgin via DocuSign providing me a new contract to sign.

I have not asked for a new contract.

Virgin recently upgraded the broadband from 70MB to 100MB vivid.

Called Virgin and lady explained my old contract had expired on the 15th April and the new one was for the next 12 months.  She explained it was because I had asked for the 100MB service.  

Since joining NTL the service has been upgraded many times and never had a new contract.

Can someone explain why I have a new contract as the call centre person couldn't.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5 (58 Views)

Re: New Contract email

the answer appears to be in para 5 of your post ???

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (55 Views)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Apologies if I was not clear.  That is the answer the lady in the call centre gave me.

I have had a contract with Virgin(NTL) since 2003 and it doesn't have an expiry date and I have not had new contracts after previous upgrades which Virgin has initiated.

Lady was unable to explain why my contract had expired, other than continually going round the loop of saying it was an offer for the 100MB.

Good news is; I rang on a different number to a different department who could offer no explanation as to why I had received the new contract and have told me to ignore it and the account is noted up accordingly.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 5 (45 Views)

Did you ask to go from 70Mb to 100Mb? If so, the new contract is correct.

You got to 70Mb as a free, programmed upgrade with no new contract.

There is no such program to move from 70Mb to 100Mb currently. As such, any such upgrade will re-contract with a new minimum contract period.

Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (30 Views)

Thank you for your response.

I didn't apply for anything as far as I am aware.  I got an email sometime ago saying the upgrade was being rolled out in our area and they would let us know when it was complete.  This has been a similar approach to all previous upgrades since I first had the NTL service with a 600k connection.  Both contact centre people I spoke to confirmed something happened around the 17th April.  But neither could tell me why nor confirm if I had asked for it.

Hopefully it is sorted now.

0 Kudos