Menu
Trintragular
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Build - Ducting from property

Hello Support,

I wasn't too sure where to post this so if there is a better forum, please let me know.

I'm in the process of purchasing a new-build property which is scheduled to be completed next month.

I have been assured by the house builder that I can receive your services and I have confirmed that a number of properties in the development do have access to your services using your postcode checker. My particular property is listed but redirects to the 'cable my street' section but, interestingly, doesn't go beyond that.

I have been informed that the internal cabling has been done on my property.

A number of completed builds have two ducts in-front of their houses - one green and one grey, presumably green for Virgin Media and grey for BT.

I am concerned that my house does not have these ducts. I have spoken to the house builder and which say that no such ducts will be added as that is something which will be done by you during installation. They haven't elaborated any further, despite citing other houses/plots which have these ducts. They have yet to start work on the driveway which will presumably cover where the ducts could go. They have recommended that I get in touch with you.

From the New Build Developer's guide (v1.2), I'm referring to the ducting in document VMTD0011a. (https://keepup.virginmedia.com/Content/networkExpansion/doc/New_Build_Developers_Guide_1.2.pdf)

Would it be possible to get in touch with the department that deals with new builds and confirm that the appropriate cabling or ducting is available and the house will be able to receive your service?

I ask because I don't want to be in the situation where an engineer discovers the required ducting isn't available after moving in.

I'm happy to provide the address details and other specifics via a private message.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build - Ducting from property

if the house is not complete the postcode will not be on the system yet. Also even if the builders have installed the ducts VM still need to put in the green boxes and run the cabling to them. If this has not yet been done services will not be available
0 Kudos
Trintragular
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the rapid reply.

I appreciate that the service will not be available because of the required cabling and that the house is not yet complete.

My primary concern is the lack of ducting coming from the property which would eventually be used for the cable going to/from the cabinet via the ducts under the pavement or road.

0 Kudos
Trintragular
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again.

Would it be possible to get some input from the support team for this query?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Trintragular
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It has been well over a week.

I preferred asking this query here because I thought I could get a better response than over the phone. I've asked over the web chat but I ended going in a loop over the post code checker.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trintragular

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the New Build query.

I appreciate you taking the time to join us and thank you for your posts. My apologies about the delay in responding to you. In this particular thread each time you have posted you have bumped your post to the back of the queueing system we have as it works on the last post date on the thread.

The reason for this is that the forum community are an amazing resource of support and often provide the answers we would support with meaning there is no need for us to jump in and support.

I understand your concerns here and would be happy to see if the teams that support us can find out the information you need to help you.

I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find on the forums on the top right in the purple envelope.

If you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be fab Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos