Menu
Tom311
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Never provided full package - Possible to cancel contract early?

Since joining VM on the 200MB broadband, TV and phone contract, I have never received anywhere near my broadband speeds (up to 10mb) and have been comped my broadband every single month since I started with them. 

I was grateful when upgrades were done in my area box and I started getting speeds of 30MB (sad but true), but now every night in peak I get around 1MB to 10MB and I am sick of it.  The £12 credit I receive monthly isn't enough, I want my broadband I paid for, not sell me a crap deal and give me £12 monthly.

I have kept all emails, speed tests, forum posts and details on every months credit for my horrible broadband speeds.

Do I have any right to cancel my contract early without paying fees?  This has been a shoddy service since day one and I want to leave VM and never look back, but im not willing to let them screw me out of money as well as providing me with a shoddy service.

Any help is appreciated.  Is there an ombudsman or something I can contact maybe to help me leave the contact?

Cheers in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Never provided full package - Possible to cancel contract early?

hiya @Tom311 you can only really get in contact with the ombudsman, once you've completed the complaint process, http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... this has all the details of the ombudsman
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom311

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the issues you have had with the broadband service.

I appreciate that any ongoing service connection network faults doe take their toll and understand that you have been a customer who has experienced a long term network impact of services.

If you would like to look into this further with us regarding the possibility of early disconnection then it would be great if you could have a chat with our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 4 and then option 5 . I have noted the account to support you, and previous colleagues have also noted that you have been impacted by the work we are doing to improve the signal for our customers too.

Please keep in touch on how this goes. The teams are open until 6pm today and then 8am-8pm Mon-Fri.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tom311
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Karen,

Just received my new lie about problem being resolved after Christmas sometime and I will continue to be comped since you can't provide the service.

This is me every single night (keep in mind this website bloats results):

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5723031454.png

The past week I have recorded my average results so that I could respond to the PM I just received:

1-week peak average:

Download Speed (AVG): 2.23 Mbps

Upload Speed (AVG): 7.34 Mbps

Ping Latency(ms) (AVG): 60.63

How is this acceptable to you?

Please just let me out of this awful contract and let me find a new company to receive proper services from.

Just sigh.

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom311, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and I agree, those speeds are unacceptable Smiley Sad 

Depending on how long the fault has been going on for, there is a possibility we can release you from the contract. You will need to discuss this with the team on the details Karen provided above. 

Let us know how the call goes and again, I am very sorry. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tom311
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Karen_A
@Kath_F

Spoke to Rebecca in customer relations who advised neither of you added any notes so she wasn't aware of anything. Also said she had no notifications that there had been any problem since August, despite the fact I have been given credit every single month because of poor service and the fact I provided VM with speedtest results and various other data.

So basically was told NO.

Typical crap, not even the forum support are true to their word, shame on you both.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom311

I am very sorry to hear that this has been the message communicated to you. It is absolutely not the case.

I've double checked and can see when we spoke on the 20th August I advised you at the time:

If you would like to look into this further with us regarding the possibility of early disconnection then it would be great if you could have a chat with our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 4 and then option 5.. I have noted the account to support you, and previous colleagues have also noted that you have been impacted by the work we are doing to improve the signal for our customers too.

My notes are there on your account on the same day show this, so why Rebecca could not see this I have no idea.

Additionally our forum team have been applying notes to the account when they have accessed this due to the issues you have had with high traffic and have noted the account when they have accessed this for you back in May 2016 and late 2015 too.

Kath too advised you that you would need to follow my advice I had provided on the 20th August and contact us so there was no need for her to replicate my notes as they are absolutely there on the account.

I am happy to look at offering additional support to you. In this instance I will see if I can arrange for a call back for you given the agent you spoke to earlier has not been able to resolve this with you.

Just let me know if that is something you would like us to do.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tom311
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Karen_A

I am not sure why Rebecca would advise zero note's had been added to the account then, just to pass me off I guess.

She also advised there was no previous history or notes on the account to say I have received a poor service or that any problems existed on the line.  I had to call her out by having her look at previous box upgrades for over utilisation and ask the question, why would I have been credited monthly since the start for poor broadband if there had been no problem?

I tried to ask her to take a look at all the forum information but she advised it wasn't her department and wouldn't.

Also tried to tell me it was illegal for VM to break contract, which I know is completely untrue and just pulling crap from the air at that point.

I would have loved any help with my broadband since day one, sadly though nobody has truly gone out of their way to try and help in any capacity.   So please forgive me if I come across a little annoyed and have zero faith.

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

I appreciate your frustrations honestly and I understand that you have had these issues with us for a long time.

I'm going to pop a pm to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name, I'll then be able to support you further.

Catch you soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos