Menu
Catos
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Name on account

Hi all

I have been living in a rented property for nearly 3 years. The VM internet account was initially set up by one of my housemates, however after about 6 months she had to move out due to family circumstances and I took over the account. I changed the log-in details to the Virgin Media account online and switched the Direct Debit to me. Now I am moving out of this house and want to cancel the account, but VM are still saying it is still in my former housemate's name, and need a password from her. I had thought we had done all we needed to transfer the account into my name, am I wrong about this? 

I have tried to contact my former housemate but haven't heard back from her yet. We are not currently in contact, but I certainly don't want her to keep accruing bills on an account she hasn't used in years and had thought she had handed over to me.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Name on account

yes you are wtong. Unless the account is moved using a TOR transfer of responsivity form all you have done is change the login name and the DD details on her account.

she will need to cancel it or you need to call VM tell them she no longer lives there and you need it disconnecting.

0 Kudos
Catos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I see - I didn't realise that at the time.

I've rung VM to ask them to disconnect it but they need her password. Is there any way for me to get this disconnected, as I'm sure my former housemate thinks this account has already been changed over to me?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

they can disconnect it but first they need to confirm you are living there and the account holder has moved out. not sure how they do this but you need to tell them the account holder moved out and you need to cancel.

it would be the same as if you move into a house that still has services they would need to cancel it before you could get service.
0 Kudos