Menu
andygroveuk1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My virgin media page says I'm no longer a customer

Hi, I moved house a few months ago, and I upgraded at the same time from broadband only to TV as well. I was given a new account number, rather than keeping my existing one.

Now, when I login to my account online, it says I have left Virgin media, but I have of course not.

What can I do to get this updated, it's been 3 months now, and I've mentioned this when I I have called the service desk, and nothing has happened, as a customer it does not give me a very comforting online experience, and I can also not change anything on my account either.

Can anyone help

Andy
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My virgin media page says I'm no longer a customer

It sounds like you are accessing your old account number which I presume is now dead.  I imagine you will need to reregister for My Virgin Media using the new account number.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
andygroveuk1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave_cq

Thanks for the reply, I've checked this, and it's showing my new account number, not my old one, it's a very strange scenario.

I have a feeling this is something Virgin need to sort out, I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

If anyone from Virgin Support is on here, any ideas?

Andy
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks like someone forgot to port your details across.  You can either wait around here for a member of the Forum Team to respond which could take quite a while or ring the UK based Retentions Team who deal with much more than retentions and are infinitely better than the offshore call centres.

Phone during normal working hours on Monday and explain the problem to them ... 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and follow the prompts  1>  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.

BTW, if you have a Virgin email address, make sure they port that to the new account number too.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
JamieJ73
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any joy with this Andy? I'm living the same nightmare and 3 separate calls to VM have done nothing ....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi andygroveuk1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not had much luck sorting things out Smiley Sad 

Checking your email address you've registered with the Community against active accounts, I'm not finding any. Only 1 disconnected account which I'm assuming is at your old address. 

We will need to perform a Move and Transfer for you. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos