Menu
jamielee60
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My virgin media account

Hi. I have recently moved so my old account was closed and a new one created for new address, but whenever i sign in online i only get my old account no and a message saying service disconnected. How do i get my new account to show so i can see bills etc.

Thanks
0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My virgin media account

From what I have just been told, you have to register for a new account with a new email address. It will ask for your new account number and area code when you register. Been prepared for pain though. Mine doesn't work and the reset password link takes you to a dead page lol

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamielee60,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us. Smiley Happy

Account numbers are specific to the address you have the services at and the last 2 digits change per customer who opens an active account there. When moving you would get a new account number and therefore new log in details.

In order to resolve this we will need to do a what's called a Move and Transfer. It's easy to do but once done can't be reversed. 

I have sent you a private message with a little more information and a request for some details. 

Once I have your reply I can help further Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jamielee60
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi all. I managed to figure out what was going on with this. I tried looking at phated's solution then i realised that the person who organised my account move had put a variation on my email address. My original login was with a googlemail.com address and he had put it as gmail.com so i managed to login with gmail one to view my account.

Thanks for the help
0 Kudos