Menu
Bernard1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My virgin media account query

I hope this is in the right part of the forum, if not then please accept my sincere apologies

This could be a little tedious Smiley LOL

I have just had the account changed over in to my name (and all has gone very well) because the account holder has sadly passed away, the thing is I have to keep signing in to MVM using the deceased's email and password (luckily for me I know it)

I have re-registered with my own VM email addy but when I log in I see that I am a secondary account holder and cannot see the billing details etc.

Is there anyway for this (the original account holder) to be deleted so I can start afresh.

If you need more info please feel free to ask and I will be more than greatful to assist where ever I can.

Kind Regards

Bernard

0 Kudos
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My virgin media account query

Hi, Bernard1

To update the email & password go to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view on the main account

Am not sure if the Transfer of responsibility (What is a TOR) is available in this instance because the account holder is now deceased 

Regards,

Martin

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
0 Kudos
Bernard1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Martin_D wrote:

Hi, Bernard1

To update the email & password go to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view on the main account

I have done the above and all I see when I log in, is you don't have access to billing information. Only the main account holder can view billing info

Am not sure if the Transfer of responsibility (What is a TOR) is available in this instance because the account holder is now deceased 

Regards,

Martin

When I spoke with the bereavement team (who where very polite and helpful) I was told the account is now solely in my name and was told that I would not be subject to a new contract

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bernard1

Many thanks for getting back in touch with us at this difficult time and my sincere condolences on your recent loss.  My thanks to you for taking the time to pop by with your post.

The account has been transferred into your name as mentioned and you also are not in a new contract as has been advised when you spoke to our teams.

I hope you managed to resolve the email issue. If you need any further support with this or anything else then please let us know.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos